• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Has the passport been replaced by smart card?

Reaction score
One of my friends has told me that now cie demands a smart card and the pass port wont work. Id this news correct? Im from pakistan. Please anyone reply?

Reaction score
One of my friends has told me that now cie demands a smart card and the pass port wont work. Id this news correct? Im from pakistan. Please anyone reply?
From what i have heard, the ID card can be used if you're above 18. Otherwise you need to have smart card. Passport is for foreign nationals

Reaction score
I gave my 3 o level papers last year by using my past port amd statemnt of entry. Everyone told me you should have either the pass port or your smart card. I went for the pass port. But this year i heard one of my friends saying now you require a smart card. No pass port.

Reaction score
According to new rule, you would need CNIC if you are over 18, and Smart card if you are under 18, and passport is for foreign nationals.

Reaction score
I am hearing this for the first time. What exactly is a smart card? Is it another name of the computerized NIC?

Reaction score
it is kind of a computerized cnic....a cnic is only a card but a smart card has a chip installed in it...this has your data..
in the future this chip will have your account details..driving license in softcopy and other such stuff..so all the trafic police will have to do is swipe your card with a machine for your driving license..also this is available under 18 too