• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Have you applied in NUST?

Reaction score
Hey everyone if you are giving your A levels or equilant this year you must be running across banks and photocopy shops for your admission in a reputable university. Here in Pakistan we do lack reputable universities but we are grateful for what we have. NUST is the first priority for a Pre-Eng students who want to study in Pakistan.

Therefore have you applied in NUST?... was this your first priority and how did you feel about their online application system.. and last but not the least do you think you will get admission in your desired category?

As of my side.. I am getting a feel that as a A lvls student the competion is tough and i might not be getting admission in NUST. There are also people always giving their opinions tht forget abut nust its only for the elite class students (i mean in talent sense) and they really give me the shivers of a lonely gap year.
As i have not even done GCE O levels ( I did GCSE :( in uk which is rubbish) i believe i lack real basics of maths. Anywaiz ill give it my best shot otherwise UET and NED are there aswell to get admission.. (i know they are also hard to get admission into ;'( ). My study plan will be completing that 1200 page MCQ book of ECAT in 30 daiz after my A lvls and then see where my destiny leads to..

That was my bit of the story whats up and new for others?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
More than 15000 students appear for NUST test and only around 1000 of them get admission.
If you can push yourself to the top 1500, you might get a chance.
Their test consists of MCQ's which are really difficult to beat.
And without math power, it would be really difficult.

UET and NED aren't that easy either.
Politics will kill you in NED so you have to be patient and keep up with them.
UET is a simple clean balance between NUST and NED but not better than them.

Summing it up i would recommend:
1. NUST
2. NED
3. UET

What are your A Level subjects?

Reaction score
Wow.. that like 1 in 15 students :S... Infact i read on the NUST prospectus its 30 000 people applying.. anywaiz NED is off my list not particularly about the politics but also bcuz ive heard they have like only 20 seats for A levls, which almost makes it impossible. However UET has open merit like NUST..

Any ideas what would be the best way to learn how to do the maths MCQs? Cannot be rocket science... they gotta be be similar to A levels Maths.. which i find quite easy -_- ..

My subjects are Phy Maths and Chem.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
15000 was few years back so 30000 might be true!
If you find A Level Maths easy, its not gonna be problem since its in majority.
The good thing about NUST's test is that it tests your skills,
your knowledge and your reaction to the trap they've set in those MCQ's.
Thats why its pretty usual that people getting A's in O & A level do not pass NUST's test.
Its true that NED has few seats and as far as i know they are only 5-6 :!:
If UET has open merit, its gonna be easy to get into since the test isn't that difficult.

Reaction score
your knowledge and your reaction to the trap they've set in those MCQ's.
Thats why its pretty usual that people getting A's in O & A level do not pass NUST's test

You mean o/A levels student do not have enough knowledge? I thought we are better in tackling problems then intermediate students till now :(

Reaction score
Well i applied to NUST as well. Still got some issues with that processing fee. I did payed it on 21st april but no amdit card whatsoever. I sent them an email, but no reply. Yesterday i made a phone call at the given contact number. The guy told me to fax the deposit slip, n today, i was having problems in doing dat as well. I called em again, then another guy told me to scan the slip n email him. He gave me an adress which was [email protected] i sent the mail. but just now, i came to know that the email adress is not valid...
dunno what to do now :/

Reaction score
I knew this #online# way of application in pakistan would be troublesome.. however ive got my admit card :)... however they have squasded my pic vertically in the card :l

Reaction score
online way of application went all good with LUMS. at NUST they say that they have some probs with bank alfalah!
n yeah, i knw about pic. saw the admit card of my friend lol

Reaction score
My picture is squashed too! And its pushed to the left and when i print my admit card it comes on 2 pages in landscape.lol

Reaction score
Aww :p probz we can all take our revenge for ruining the pic aftr the entery test :D

Reaction score
cheersss got my admit card. :)
n guess what, my pic aint spoiled :p
had to mail him twice, on 2 difrent ids :S

Reaction score
any idea how to prepare for the nust medical entry test?.........the fsc bio is a scary scary beast