• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hello

Reaction score
I'm REALLY new to IGCSE (Just started it yesterday) and I'm so OVERWHELMED already because it's all new to me and the anxiety of me taking the exam soon is crushing me.
I picked out subjects such as Accounting, Business studies, Economics etc. and I have a few questions so.. Thanks if you've decided to help out this kid.
1. Does accounting require a lot of Math? I'm bad at it.
2. HOW exactly do I study? Google just says to take notes and use flashcards... Is that what IGCSE students do or use more? Are there any websites that'll keep me updated with like the current state? Should I study beyond the textbook? Useful links will be appreciated ^-^
3. Do I NEED to take maths if I want to major in something political?
Thanks, Have a nice day!

Reaction score
1. not really it would just require addition and subtraction in the beginning levels but just like MATH u may need to go through accounting every day, like maybe not in the beginning chapters but later u'll have to.
2. it actually depends on what exactly suits u, like if u feel like u can study and UNDERSTAND it better with notes or any other method go for it. Yea btw i have never heard of people using flashcards here in igcse so, just go with what suits u and don't overthink alot and i am pretty sure ur teachers will guide you along the way so there is no need to get anxious.
BEST OF LUCK THO!