• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

:/ HELP! A QUESTION IN OCT/NOV 2010 MATHS PAPER

Reaction score
Its from Maths Paper1 4024/12 OCT/NOV 2010!

Q4 b part!
4, 1, 0, -2, -1, -3, 1, -2, 3, -1
How many of these temperatures are within 2.5 °C of 1 °C????
I don't get it?
Is this question wrong... But it would be the first time for me that I have found some mistake in these papers?? It can't be!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!
10x! In ADVANCE!!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

well it's nt much difficult!! it's simple...see it means to say how many temp. are in the range 1 +/- 2.5 °C

if u r confused.. 1+2.5 = 3.5 °C ...and .... 1-2.5 = -1.5 °C
so u need to write down how many temp. are in the range from -1.5 to 3.5...
so there are 6 temp.!!

that's all :)
hope this helps!! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Jazak Allah Khair ...Alhumdulilah...it's all cuz of Allah's help and then parents and my teacher's encouragement too... :) i luv maths so much...

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

well it's nt much difficult!! it's simple...see it means to say how many temp. are in the range 1 +/- 2.5 °C

if u r confused.. 1+2.5 = 3.5 °C ...and .... 1-2.5 = -1.5 °C
so u need to write down how many temp. are in the range from -1.5 to 3.5...
so there are 6 temp.!!

that's all :)
hope this helps!! :)

It did thanks... Now I can rely on asking questions here if I can't get them... :cool:

Reaction score
captaindanger said:
salmanpakrocks said:
I also Love maths but sadly I don't have a good teacher at my school !! :(

Maths lovers here.. :p

How come u can't find good teachers there???
Well maths_Angel my teacher is really unexperinced! She doesn't know how to solve most of the questions and doesn't tell the appropriate method! I have to study on my own! Giving Maths Exam this term on private and without tutions please pray for me !! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
captaindanger said:
It did thanks... Now I can rely on asking questions here if I can't get them... :cool:

ya sure ...y not :cool:

salmanpakrocks said:
captaindanger said:
salmanpakrocks said:
I also Love maths but sadly I don't have a good teacher at my school !! :(

Maths lovers here.. :p

How come u can't find good teachers there???
Well maths_Angel my teacher is really unexperinced! She doesn't know how to solve most of the questions and doesn't tell the appropriate method! I have to study on my own! Giving Maths Exam this term on private and without tutions please pray for me !! :)

btw...for that i've got a solution..just love ur teacher and respect her/him.....irrespective of how s/he is...work to the best of ur ability and leave the rest to Allah!!
this is what i've learnt from my own experience...and i can gurantee ur success!!! just have trust in Allah!!! :) :cool: