• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[ HELP ] CHEMISTRY MCQs

Reaction score
I need help in Chemistry MCQs...

I have my AS paper on 9th of May and I know nothing :(

I have got problem in Organic Chemistry :/

SoMEBODY help please.

Reaction score
I need help in Chemistry MCQs...

I have my AS paper on 9th of May and I know nothing :(

I have got problem in Organic Chemistry :/

SoMEBODY help please.

Same here! Im good at inorganic and physcial chemistry but not Organic! It needs lots of memorizing!

Reaction score
Acha lsten for MCQs u have to noe all the reactions (oxidation reduction &dehydration mst importantly)
without learning the reaction only a miracle cn help u to get a good grade :D

Reaction score
U Esp need to know all the tests and results with primary and secondary alcohols
abt the Tollens agent
and aldehydes and ketons reactions with different reagents for the organic part of P1!

Reaction score
i need to know how to find chiral centers in a given molecule...........
like for instance may june 2009 paper 1 Q.19

Reaction score
My teacher said tht p1 is the most scoring paper but i don't think so i barely understand anything :/

Reaction score
i need to know how to find chiral centers in a given molecule...........
like for instance may june 2009 paper 1 Q.19
That's very easy... Chiral carbon is the carbon that is attatched to four different types of atoms or group of atoms :)

Reaction score
That's very easy... Chiral carbon is the carbon that is attatched to four different types of atoms or group of atoms :)
i know that (thank u very much though ^^)
bt i need to find it and this way my counting just always comes wrong and i just cant get it right ;(

Reaction score
What is the test for a CO2H???
in a book that i have it says that the test is reacting it with aq. Sodium Carbonate or Sodium hydrogen-carbonate and a colorless gas CO2 will be given off...........so is it true and will there be any other test for it as well or just this one.......

Reaction score
What is the test for a CO2H???
in a book that i have it says that the test is reacting it with aq. Sodium Carbonate or Sodium hydrogen-carbonate and a colorless gas CO2 will be given off...........so is it true and will there be any other test for it as well or just this one.......

Since it is a carboxylic acid, its reaction with sodium carbonate will produce CO2 which can be tested by passing the gas through limewater, if the limewater turns milky then it is a positive test.

Reaction score
Since it is a carboxylic acid, its reaction with sodium carbonate will produce CO2 which can be tested by passing the gas through limewater, if the limewater turns milky then it is a positive test.
so is that the only test for it n it wont turn positive for any other test?????