• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help for enlglish leanguage

Reaction score
Hi can someone please share there english language notes or vocabulary collection. i want to improve it. presently at grade B by a teacher. but i want an A* in Olevel exam.

Reaction score
For English Language, you need to be well acquainted with the formats and style of all the 10 directed writing tasks (paper 1). I have some notes regarding each of those on paper. For paper 1, do go through this very thoroughly: http://xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambridge%2 ... 1_sm_1.pdf
Grade your writings according to this and you will come to know what exactly you lack.
It would apply to ANY English paper 1 from 2011 onwards.

Reaction score
Just learning the words out of context won't help you at all so instead, make a habit of reading regularly. This may include magazines, newspapers and novels; whenever you encounter a new word, make sure you consult a dictionary and not show laziness about it. Plus, keep practicing compostitions and comprehensions. Your command over a language can't be judged by a grade, only you know how good you are at it. So keep reading and you'll observe an improvement in no time.

Reaction score
@ Hamid. I know bro those word wont help at all unless im a nerd and drink those word haha. i have been practicing compostion. i usually take a topic from the past paper. i write two essays a day. I do alot of reading though that's not a problem for me. and yes i have been using dictionary alot. THANKS for advice mate.

Reaction score
It doesn't requires you to be a nerd or anything, but just a reader who enjoys what he is doing.

Reaction score
most people say grade your work but that's the problem no1 ll try to do less then perfect so how do we knw if we ve a good clear understanding of purpose or a fair understanding. that is just IMPOSSIBLE. :/