• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help in Alevels AS Economics

Reaction score
I'm already taking tution from the teacher but for now, he told me to just study and forget about the paper pattern etc.

Still, I want to know how to answer 8 marks and 12 marks question?

Like there is a question from NOV 2002 Q2

Q2)(a) Explain the link between basic ecnomic problem and oppurtinity cost. [8]

8 marks question. How to get full marks in this question? Can anybody solve it completely for me?

Reaction score
Let me give it a try,
You give he definations in one paragraph ie, Opportunity cost can be defined as... and Economic problem can be defined as.......... You give a good and A Level type definition which is understandable for you

Next, you discuss the economic problem which arises form there being unlimited wants and limited resources. The limited resources are L,L, C and E.......... Somehow define them. You define also what you mean by unlimited wants, and then also don't forget to mention the problem that arises which is of Scarcity. Define that also

Then you can state that due to scaricty people are forced to make choice, they have to choose btn ____ and ____ because not all their wants can be fulfilled. There is also a definition of choice I believe.

And then you mention that a choice leads a person to incur opportunity cost which is (definition)...................................... because of limited resources

Conclusion, due the Economic problem, people are forces to incur opportunity costs etc:-

All I know is that you have to beat around the bush :D
Let me know to what extent did it help you, or it caused your teacher to break the chair on you :p

Reaction score
I'm already taking tution from the teacher but for now, he told me to just study and forget about the paper pattern etc.

8 marks question. How to get full marks in this question? Can anybody solve it completely for me?
Just use this simple formula to answer 8 marks and 12 marks questions.
For 8 marks you should spend about 15 minutes:
  • Concept/Introduction.
  • Support formula, graph, table.
  • Explaination of the main content.
  • Support graph, table and examples.
  • Conclusions.
For 12 marks you should spend 24 minutes:
  • Concept/Introduction.
  • Support formula, graph, table.
  • Explaination for advantages/Favor.
  • Support table, graph, diagrams and examples.
  • Explaination for disadvantages/unfavorable.
  • Support table, graphs, diagrams etc.
  • Evaluation/Recommendation.

Reactions: Z.S
Reaction score

the matter is
for 8 marks do Assessment criteria AO1, AO2 & AO3.

FOR 12 marks just do AO1 TO AO4.

FURTHER IF YOU HAVE DOUBT CONNECT ME PLS