• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in bio!

Reaction score
can someone plz explain what is reliability and control for bio practical?....

Reaction score
Reliability means that the experiment becomes more reliable. Examples:

Repeating the experiment and calculating and average makes the result more reliable.
Using same conditions in an experiment makes it more reliable.

A control experiment means repeating an experiment with all conditions except the one asked for. Examples:

An experiment to prove that amylase digests starch, a control would be repeating the experiment without amylase or using boiled amylase or water.
An experiment to prove that light affects photosynthesis, a control would be repeating the experiment in a dark room.

Reaction score
well can someone please tell me whats the difference between accurate results and reliable results

Reaction score
@ waleed thanz now i understand but @ user i wanna know the same thing also.
also the difference btw accurate and precision results?

Reaction score
reliable and accurate are just vocabulary!
reliable means you count on the results more, but it doesn't make it more accurate!
Repeating doesn't make the testing procedure more accurate, instead it makes it reliable ;)

Reaction score
so does tht mean tht everytime u do the experiment u would get the same results but with different values each time? and accurate is when u use specific amount of something but reliablitity is when u will obtain a certain result?

Reaction score
but in physics (if u take) we always write that to get accurate results if they ask the reason of repeating the experiment but the bio markscheme does not accept this answer to the same question?????