• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help In O' Level English Literature (2010)!

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm thinking of giving O' Level English Literature (2010) in M/J 2013 as an extra (my only extra :p) subject. Now I haven't formally studied literature as a subject in O' levels but I am pretty good at English itself. I read a lot of prose and drama, and I have a knack for understanding poetry easily. So I really wanna go for this subject.
The problem is that I'm really confused about the following things:
1. Where do I start? I've chosen Julius Caesar, Wuthering Heights and the 14 poems from Songs of Ourselves, but I really don't have any clue as to how I should proceed with their preparation.
2. The paper itself: I know I'm supposed to attempt 4 questions taken from at least three different books, and at least one question from each of the sections: Drama, poetry and prose (hence Caesar, heights and the poems.). So do we have to attempt at least one of each type of question too? As in at least one emphatic, one text-based and one passage-based? Or can I choose any combination so long as I stick to 3 different books?
3. Answering questions: Totally blank here. Need all the advice you guys can give.
People who are doing literature in O' levels, or have done it already, please help me out.
Looking forward to your replies and suggestions.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, you have to attempt at least 1 question of each type, which makes it one empathy, one text based, and one passage based. So like, these three types are compulsory to attempt. You have a choice in the last question to attempt any type you want.

Reaction score
Not really... You have to attempt at least 3 questions. You don't have to attempt questions from all 3 sections. You can attempt one from Drama, for example, and two from poetry. However, I am told that you shouldn't do that, as it gives the examiner an impression that you have not studies well for the exam. Also, you will end up repeating points which is definitely NOT good. So, yeah. You don't HAVE to attempt a question from all three sections, but it is highly recommended.