• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help me!! (those who are giving BIOLOGY A2 this june)

Reaction score
can anyone plzz help me regarding the scientific article..can anyone post the type of questions and answers u have made...and do me another favour with the biology unit 6B Question 3..what is the best way to tackle those..:cry: thanks in advance..

Reaction score
can anyone plzz help me regarding the scientific article..can anyone post the type of questions and answers u have made...and do me another favour with the biology unit 6B Question 3..what is the best way to tackle those..:cry: thanks in advance..
hi,these r some of da ques that our teacher prepared for us from the net nd other resources for this article..
1.Explain wy in ur opinion,r the naked mole rats, a really odd mammal speceis(page 2,paragraph 4)?(2 marks)
2.suggest how lack of fur in the naked mole rats is compensated by reduction in sweat glands?(1 mark)
3.(this one is asterisk question).
Oxidative stress can lead to extremely reactive free radicals altering the lipids,proteins and DNA cells.suggest how this kind of damage occurring in mice can adversely affect cell metabolism leading to cancer.compare the resistance shown to detrimental effects of such changes to free redicals exhibited by naked mole rats?(5 marks)
4.mutations in two different groups of genes can affect the cell cycle leading to cancerous tumours.name the genes and explain their functions in normal cells?(3 marks)
5.naked mole rats in the lab have never been known to develop cancer.explain what kind of anti cancer mechaanism is employed in naked mole rats and how it differs from that in humans?(3 marks)
6.explain how genetic engineering combined with our knowledge of cancer resistance in naked mole ratscan be used to develop 'an injection or a drug'against cancer in humans,(page 5,paragraph 30)?(3 marks)
7.besides providing clues for increasing human longevity,treatment for autism and developing resistance to cancer,suggest for which other human maladies and disabilities does naked mole rat research seem to be promising?(2 marks)
8.explain how a change in the hormone receptor in a particular part of the brain can lead to diseases such as autism?(3 marks)
9.explain how a myocardial infarction can lead to neuronal damage and how it is prevented in naked mole rats?(2 marks)
10.describe what new kinds of prosthetics can be developed based on our study of the naked mole rats?(2 marks)
11.prolonged inbreeding is usually associated with lowered fitness,.explain what lowered fitness means and how is it reduced in naked mole rats?(2 marks)
12.the genome of the naked mole rats has not been sequenced yet.explain what u mean by genome sequencing?(2 marks)

sory for the late response..bio unit 6b is already over....

Reaction score
thanks a lot...u should really check this out..i found out..

Attachments

• Annotated Article - Hdizzle.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Reaction score
thanks a bunch for writing those things...really grateful..:) eyy where can i discuss the question answers of bio..i got a lot of problems..can u group discuss with me?

Reaction score
thanks a bunch for writing those things...really grateful..:) eyy where can i discuss the question answers of bio..i got a lot of problems..can u group discuss with me?
well if u asking me...i gave a test for this to my teacher nd got 12 out of 30:p...i'll try getting answers for these and write them down for u...nd ya...for ur thank you that u said..NO PRB..MY PLEASURE..

Reaction score
u people are most welcome...plz pray for me..and plz plan a group for discussion..plzz.:)