• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed in chemistry

Reaction score
Im really confused about when to increase the amount of products in a reaction after changing the conditions (e.g temperature or concentration).
Plz help ASAP.
thnx in advance :D

Reaction score
.I.Am.Me. said:
Im really confused about when to increase the amount of products in a reaction after changing the conditions (e.g temperature or concentration).
Plz help ASAP.

In an endothermic reaction increasing the temperature increases the rate of reaction and in exothermic reaction, increasing the temperature decreases the rate of reaction. Increasing the concentration in ANY reaction increases the rate of reaction. Plus, as for pressure, when TOTAL moles of reactions in ANY reaction are more than TOTAL number of moles of products, increasing the pressure increases the rate of reaction. And when TOTAL number of moles of products are greater than TOTAL number of moles of reactants, then increasing pressure decreases the rate of reaction.

Reaction score
thnx 4 ur help :)
but what i mean is if a reaction gives for example 20 dm3 of a certain gas when would the reaction give 50 dm3 of that gas?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Zishi said:
.I.Am.Me. said:
Plz help ASAP.

In an endothermic reaction increasing the temperature increases the rate of reaction and in exothermic reaction, increasing the temperature decreases the rate of reaction. Increasing the concentration in ANY reaction increases the rate of reaction. Plus, as for pressure, when TOTAL moles of reactions in ANY reaction are more than TOTAL number of moles of products, increasing the pressure increases the rate of reaction. And when TOTAL number of moles of products are greater than TOTAL number of moles of reactants, then increasing pressure decreases the rate of reaction.
I always get confused whether low temp. favour endothermic or high temp. so u can either remember this thinking that endothermic reactions require heat so more heat(high temp.)will increase the rate ,if u cant remember this remember HEN H=>High temp. EN=>ENdothermic

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
.I.Am.Me. said:
thnx 4 ur help :)
but what i mean is if a reaction gives for example 20 dm3 of a certain gas when would the reaction give 50 dm3 of that gas?
inreasing the amt. of limiting reagent will change the amt. of products!