• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed regarding Islamiyat

Reaction score
CIE exams are just around the corner and I literally feel overwhelmed and stressed out as days are passing by. I really do have high hopes of getting the best of the grades. I want to know some good study tips. I have 2 books by Farkhanda Noor Muhammad and Yasmin Malik respectively. Are these books enough to get me a passing grade? I have unsolved past papers but I am considering buying the solved ones since I want to have a better idea about how to actually attempt 10 mark question but according to teachers, they don't contain model answers. So is it worth buying it? Moreover, there are many questions that usually come regarding the events that took place during holy prophet's lifetime like conquest of Makkah, Visit to Taif. I fail badly at attempting these type of questions. Is there any sort of technique to answer such questions maybe like starting off with the reasons why that particular event took place, the main event and the outcome? Also is Shia compilation and Imamat important? How should I tackle 4 mark questions? Is it necessary to give some quotations in it or it just really depends?

Reaction score
I also have same books you have for score better grades go through past papers , the question u'll get is the same just worind is change or little bit concept but you able to do that. go through markin schemes n examiner report.. Work Hard :D Pray for me to that i score A* Inshallah

Reaction score
CIE exams are just around the corner and I literally feel overwhelmed and stressed out as days are passing by. I really do have high hopes of getting the best of the grades. I want to know some good study tips. I have 2 books by Farkhanda Noor Muhammad and Yasmin Malik respectively. Are these books enough to get me a passing grade? I have unsolved past papers but I am considering buying the solved ones since I want to have a better idea about how to actually attempt 10 mark question but according to teachers, they don't contain model answers. So is it worth buying it? Moreover, there are many questions that usually come regarding the events that took place during holy prophet's lifetime like conquest of Makkah, Visit to Taif. I fail badly at attempting these type of questions. Is there any sort of technique to answer such questions maybe like starting off with the reasons why that particular event took place, the main event and the outcome? Also is Shia compilation and Imamat important? How should I tackle 4 mark questions? Is it necessary to give some quotations in it or it just really depends?

these books r very good nd quiet detailed too!!..so inshAllah u'll do good with just these two but still if u want to go through another book i would recomend islamiat by ayesha tariq!.. and u asked about getting a solved past paper book i would say no its nt necesary cause yea they r nt model answers if u wana knw wat examiner;s expecting go through marking schemes and examiner reports!....and as far as a 10 mark question is concerned u gotta add detail like reasons main event nd the outcomes add 2 to 3 verses and that would give u max marks!...questions that ask about particular events 4 them u gotta focus on event and only merely on the reasons and the outcomes beacuse the question doesn't actually refer to it! shia compilation is not a part of our syllabus!..nd in imamat just read imam hassan imam hussain and imam mehdi that wd b enugh!..4 a 4 mark question u dnt hav to add verses if u do its gud bt nt necessary!..

i hope i helped!..:)

Reaction score
aoa,
use these books and david thomas for references and ayesha tariq....i recommend u to use Cambridge endorsed books becoz examier does checking by consulting that books only.. may Allah bless and me..\