• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help!!! :O

Reaction score
hey guys! hellO... :D :D
i'm thinking to drop chemistry and take further mathematics because in future i wanna do actuary :D... do u think m doing right??
any suggestions?? :roll:

Reaction score
hmm.. thanks..
i have maths nd physics aswell.. do u think they are important? :O

Reaction score
i would rather take up economics along with further maths
btw lse gave out offer on chem, furthrmaths n phys fr actuarial to one of my friend
so u know wat to do

Reaction score
actuarial sciences is not related to pure sciences :D
so they wont help if u r sure u want to pursue actuarial sciences
its related to business
so business related subjects will b more helpful
though it doesnt matter wen it comes to admission
u will gt into univ no matter wat combo u hv (fmaths is essential though)
but i cnt c wats the point in studyin pure sciences wen u r sure tht u want to b an actuary

so i suggest take up economics as well

Reaction score
hmmm... but i dont have any background related to economics :(... Even in O levels eco wasnt ma subjct.. as far as i ve heard many ppl say actuary is all about maths :? ... and i dont think i will be able to give eco in just one year :(... right now i ve maths, physics , chem and gp... but m gona drop chem to take further maths... so don't u think these subjects are enough for actuarial sciences?? :O

Reaction score
actually the subjects shud b enuf
given tht u r going to do full alvl further maths in a year (its easily doable btw)

yea actuarial is all abt statistics actually
u hv to assess the risk of business failure
but its related to business field
anyway, u will learn abt business subjects in univ

Reaction score
ermmm alryt... so u do think i can do it even if i ve nt studied business before??
actually m so messed up with all these.. i love maths.. i got gud grades so i wana do something which is all about maths, thats y i chose this field... :)

Reaction score
this field is largely about maths
yes u cn easily do economics if u hvnt done it in olvlz
though u shud hv a good teacher
(business studies n accounts hv very low credits so i wont recommnd these)
anyway its totally upto u if u wanna take up this subject
otherwise ur combo phys math fmath n gp is alrite
:)

Reaction score
Actuarial is a Bomb-astic decision only the hard-workers are worth it. But if you aim for it, you'll defo do it! I think I am going for it

Reaction score
Please don't limit yourself to just one field. Dropping chemistry and taking up further mathematics instead has not a single advantage. First of all you will have a huge problem studying A level mathematics and Further mathematics together because you need the stuff studied in maths to start further maths. Also you don't need further maths for becoming an actuary, just normal maths is enough. So why not keep chemistry and open a whole branch of careers for yourself? You never know when you mind changes or maybe you dont get admission in actuary so don't limit your options. You clearly don't need to study further mathematics in any case not as a third subject atleast it can help if you finish maths and then in the next session give further maths but if you don't like chemistry then consider other subjects like computer studies and ICT. I hope it helps you, since advise :)