• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[HELP] Physics P42

Reaction score
Guys! I really really need your help. I finished revising P4 Month ago and started concentrating on other 3 Subjects I have. Yesterday when I opened my Physics Book, I was literally clueless and It's worrying me every second.
Can someone please help a brother and tell me Topics I can learn in a day and secure 50+ Marks since it is usually a B!
Thanks alot, please help!

Reaction score
Guys! I really really need your help. I finished revising P4 Month ago and started concentrating on other 3 Subjects I have. Yesterday when I opened my Physics Book, I was literally clueless and It's worrying me every second.
Can someone please help a brother and tell me Topics I can learn in a day and secure 50+ Marks since it is usually a B!
Thanks alot, please help!
The thing with the physics paper is it contains mostly all the topics first question is mostly gravitation then simple harmonic motion then electric and magnetic field two separate questions always then sometimes question related to ideal gas then a question related to quantum physics and radioactivity
And lastly that shitty application portion
So if u r gud at application your chances of getting good marks is more
Just learn the topics u are very good at and try to score full marks in tht topic u will definitely get more than 50

Reaction score
The thing with the physics paper is it contains mostly all the topics first question is mostly gravitation then simple harmonic motion then electric and magnetic field two separate questions always then sometimes question related to ideal gas then a question related to quantum physics and radioactivity
And lastly that shitty application portion
So if u r gud at application your chances of getting good marks is more
Just learn the topics u are very good at and try to score full marks in tht topic u will definitely get more than 50
Thanks a ton bro.
I'm doing Applications, All definitions since they're for 10 Marks (I guess) and 2,3 additional topic.
I hope it helps!
JazakAllah for your concern

Reaction score
Thanks a ton bro.
I'm doing Applications, All definitions since they're for 10 Marks (I guess) and 2,3 additional topic.
I hope it helps!
JazakAllah for your concern
And ya bro in the application portion learn about ct scanning , mri and ultrasound thing because there is a question from one of these three that mostly come worth about 6 marks
And learn formulas for amplifiers and the co efficient thing
That's what mostly application is based on
Hope u do gud in the ppr

Reaction score
Good luck! Part b is almost all about memorizing, memorize everything and you can get a full mark on it.

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty too with Part B :( Too much to memorize.

Good luck! Also, they haven't asked MRI in recent years - I think that'll come tomorrow.
Radioactivity and Capacitance is easy to score in, so you can revise that and aim for those. I hope you do well.
Please pray that we all do amazingly well tomorrow and that thresholds are low.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with ths please, Why isn't the answer 1.6x10^-19 for this.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with ths please, Why isn't the answer 1.6x10^-19 for this.
first of all, there is no 1.6x10^-19 in the list given.
Second, the charge is quantised, i.e it will always be in the multiples of 1.6x10^-19. And fundamental means basic/least (whatever you get what I mean :p ). And the least value given there which fits the arguement that the charge is quantised is 3.2x10^-19. So thats why it will be 3.2x10^-19. IF ANYONE WANTS TO ADD ANYTHING THEN PLEASE DOOOOOO

Reaction score
Second, the charge is quantised, i.e it will always be in the multiples of 1.6x10^-19. And fundamental means basic/least (whatever you get what I mean :p ). And the least value given there which fits the arguement that the charge is quantised is 3.2x10^-19. So thats why it will be 3.2x10^-19. IF ANYONE WANTS TO ADD ANYTHING THEN PLEASE DOOOOOO
There's also a 3.1 though, what's that about?

Reaction score

http://maxpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9702_s14_qp_41.pdf
But the answer to this Q8) c) is 1.6x10^-19 although it is not in the list given

Reaction score
I am not sure, but i think because they said 'elementary charge'......I AM NOT SURE. UGHHHH PHYSICS :cry:

Yes, but same way i could have included 1.6 value in the previous for the fundamental charge.

Reaction score
if it was 1.6 * 10^-19 you will have multiples of 1.6 * 10-19 with 3 or 5 or 7 etc, while in the questions given all multiples are even numbers, so it must be 3.2 * 10^-19

Reaction score
if it was 1.6 * 10^-19 you will have multiples of 1.6 * 10-19 with 3 or 5 or 7 etc, while in the questions given all multiples are even numbers, so it must be 3.2 * 10^-19
but dont we do all calculations based on the elementary charge? And if you divide all numbers by 1.6x10^-19, you'll see that all the values give whole numbers...Can you clear this doubt for me?

Reaction score
but dont we do all calculations based on the elementary charge? And if you divide all numbers by 1.6x10^-19, you'll see that all the values give whole numbers...Can you clear this doubt for me?
The highest common factor will be the answer and the value should also be a multiple of 1.6*10^-19.