• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help plxx islamiat

Reaction score
answer this question
b)What is meant by Tafsir? Identify the sources of Tafsir and the role of a Mufassir.

Reaction score
If someone asks about the best methods of Tafsir, we reply that the best method is to explain the Qur'an with the Qur'an itself. What is mentioned in general terms in one place in the Qur'an, is usually explained in another place. When one does not find this easily, he should look to the Sunnah because its purpose is to explain the Qur'an and elaborate upon its meanings. Allah said,
Surely, We have sent down to you (O Muhammad SAW) [1] the Book (this Quran) in truth that you might judge between men by that which Allah has shown you, so be not a pleader for the treacherous.’ (An Nisa 4:105)This is why the Messenger of Allah said,

‘The Sunnah was a revelation from Allah just as the Qur'an, although it is not recited as the Qur'an is recited.’
So one seeks the Tafsir of the Qur'an with the Qur'an itself and with the Sunnah. If one cannot find the Tafsir in the Qur'an or Sunnah, he should refer to the statements of the Companions, who were the most knowledgeable of Tafsir, for they witnessed the situations and incidents that we did not witness. They also had the deepest comprehension, the most correct knowledge, and the most righteous works. Especially the scholars and leaders among them, such as the Four Rightly Guided Khalifahs and righteous Imams, and `Abdullah bin Mas`ud, may Allah be pleased with them all. Imam Abu Ja'far bin Jarir At-Tabari narrated that 'Abdullah bin Mas`ud said,

"By He other than Whom there is no God, no Ayah in the Book of Allah was revealed but I have knowledge about whom and where it was revealed. Verily, if I know of a person who has more knowledge than me in the Book of Allah that the animals can reach (by travelling on them), I will travel to meet him."So one seeks the Tafsir of the Qur'an with the Qur'an itself and with the Sunnah. If one cannot find the Tafsir in the Qur'an or Sunnah, he should refer to the statements of the Companions, who were the most knowledgeable of Tafsir, for they witnessed the situations and incidents that we did not witness. They also had the deepest comprehension, the most correct knowledge, and the most righteous works. Especially the scholars and leaders among them, such as the Four Rightly Guided Khalifahs and righteous Imams, and `Abdullah bin Mas`ud, may Allah be pleased with them all. Imam Abu Ja'far bin Jarir At-Tabari narrated that 'Abdullah bin Mas`ud said,

"By He other than Whom there is no God, no Ayah in the Book of Allah was revealed but I have knowledge about whom and where it was revealed. Verily, if I know of a person who has more knowledge than me in the Book of Allah that the animals can reach (by travelling on them), I will travel to meet him."
Also, among the scholars of the Companions is the great scholar, the sea of knowledge, 'Abdullah bin `Abbas, the cousin of the Messenger of Allah, and the explainer of the Qur'an, as a result of the blessing of the supplication of the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him. The Prophet invoked Allah for the benefit of Ibn `Abbas,

(O Allah! Teach him Fiqh in the religion and interpretation.)

A mufassir generally writes the tafsir he consults the sunnah and the close companions and then tries to look into his knowledge and writes it down.
hope that you may find you required answer and best wishes for the examinations may Allah bring peace to Pakistan.
Your Friend Yusufzai

Reaction score
Hmmm......, sorry if i offend you in any way .... but my instinct tells me that the answer is mostly irrelevant ... Brother,.. i say this because... first of all READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY:
What is meant by Tafsir? Identify the sources of Tafsir and the role of a Mufassir.

The question is clearly asking WHAT is tafsir, in your answer you did not tell that anywhere, hence the first part of the question remains unanswered, Tafsir is basically the explanation and interpretation of the Holy Quran, The sources of Tafsir include Tafsir by the quran, Tafsir by Hadith, Tafsir by companions,Tafsir by Taba Taba'in, The role of a mufassir is to interpret the holy quranic verses for Those muslims who do not have complete knowledge of the holy quran and are not familiar with the arabic language. The role of a mufassir is very important because the holy prophet has strictly prohibited the interpretation of the quran by only using one's opinion without sound knowledge in the following words :"Whoever explains the Qur'an with his opinion or with what he has no knowledge of, then let him assume his seat in the Fire."

Do correct me if i am wrong,i hope you get the point, just need to elaborate a bit about the sources in a few words, Good luck everyone ! inshallah all will pass with flying colours :D we will set a record for A*s ;)

Reaction score
check ifthikar-ul-haq`s book the whole topic of Tafaseer is contained in it..
anywayz, i thought it was not in the syllabus