• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help regarding doing Engineering or Computer science without....

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm a little confused over this thing and I need help. For O levels, these were my main subjects English language (A), English Lit (A), Maths (B), Physics (B) Economics (B) Chemistry (C) Add Maths (E)

My A level Subjects are Maths, Physics and Economics. Due to a misshap, didn't get Chem. From what I've heard it's possible to do Engineering (more specifically Electronics or Computer Engineering) or Computer Science. Now let's say hypothetically, I get all As in my subjects. I want to apply to LUMs (for its Electrical engineering or Computer Science program) IBA (computer science program) and in the UAE (American University of Sharjah and any public university in Canada in the Ontario area like lets say, University of Toronto (C.S or E.E as above) will this do? From what I've heard according to my guidance concillor, Canada won't be an issue, and I can do computer science in IBA with my subjects. LUMs may prove to be a bit of problem.

This is what the site says "
  • O’ Levels results (in at least 6 subjects) with an average grade of at least 'C' and A’ Levels in at least 3 principal subjects1 with at least 2 Bs and 1 C grade such that there should be no more than 1 C grade and no grade less than a C. The principal subjects for SBASSE are Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics. Any deviations from this list would be examined on a case to case basis and the decision of the Admissions Committee would be final. No credit will be given for General Paper."
So taking that into regard, I have heard cases where people with Maths Physics and Socio have been offered into their program. Now considering I get alls As and get a decent result on their admission test. Will I get in? If not, what other programs can I try, here?