• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP! Resitting AS in Nov14 to apply to Canadian Universities in January 2015

Reaction score
So I didn't recieve the grades I wanted to this AS session MAY/JUNE 2014. I need help from you guys.
I want to apply to Canada to universities like UBC, UofT, McMaster, Simon Fraser, etc. However out of my 4 subjects, Maths, Biology, Chem, and Physics, I am deciding to retake 3 this November. It sounds like a bad idea, but I have prepared over the summers as when I was giving it for the first time I was prepared to re-give them due to some issues.
However out of the four I have decided to drop physics. I just have a few questions about this though.
Just to tell, my grades are below the usual minimum. Make what you want of that. I can PM you them, too anxious to release them publicly.
Also, I cannot accelerate and give the exams in MAY 2015.

1. What is the deadline to apply for Canadian universities?
2. Should I apply to a Uni with old grades? (Preretake AS grades)
3. Should I give retakes privately?
4. If not, should I apply in the end right when I get the grades so as to not raise concern that I am retaking?
5. I need to assess my method of giving exams. What do I do?
6. What can I do from right now to ensure I can apply to the selected universities and retain a good chance of getting an offer?
7. Does it say resit on result sheet released?
8. Is it possible to apply as a private candidate and say you have applied for the first time?
9. If I drop physics will it still occur on my marksheet when the final A2 results come?
10. Is it possible to go private and yet send predictions from the school?
11. What role do predicted grades play? Do you only need them if you apply through a school?

I know they're a lot of questions. Can someone just answer one or more of them please?
Thanks guys!.

Reaction score
Answered some of them hope they help :)
1.Universities allow students to apply in summer or winter.Deadlines are mostly given on most of the university's websites(oct or april mostly)
2.Canadian Universities take you without any doubt if you have all A's,their minimum requirement is also given on their website for each program (a minimum b in maths & 1 science subject and a min C in the other is usually required for engineering programs) .Because of the tough competition very few are selected with low grades or even B's.
Because some students get their A2 results in august after the deadline date, univesities allow them to apply on the condition that their grades would be higher or equal to the minimum requirement

Reaction score
Answered some of them hope they help :)
1.Universities allow students to apply in summer or winter.Deadlines are mostly given on most of the university's websites(oct or april mostly)
2.Canadian Universities take you without any doubt if you have all A's,their minimum requirement is also given on their website for each program (a minimum b in maths & 1 science subject and a min C in the other is usually required for engineering programs) .Because of the tough competition very few are selected with low grades or even B's.
Because some students get their A2 results in august after the deadline date, univesities allow them to apply on the condition that their grades would be higher or equal to the minimum requirement
Thank you so much!!! Does any one else know anything?