• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help with Pakistan St. (2059) questions

Reaction score
I want help with two of the questions, both relating to the Bengal partition.
Q1: Why Bengal was partitioned in 1906?
A1: (i) large population
(ii) clamp down the nationalist ideas (Bal Gangadhar Tilak)
(iii) to gain support of Muslim population in east Bengal

I am not sure about the (iii) reason. Is this reason wrong? My teacher says that instead of this reason, it should be the large area. But I think the reasons large area & large population are over-lapping.

Q2: Why was partition of Bengal reversed?
A2: (i) Hindu reaction
(ii) Swadeshi Movement
(iii) assassination attempt of future viceroy

Are these reasons correct?

Reaction score
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...are-appearing-in-may-june-2014-session.31674/

I am not sure about the (iii) reason. Is this reason wrong? My teacher says that instead of this reason, it should be the large area. But I think the reasons large area & large population are over-lapping.

(ii) Swadeshi Movement

https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...are-appearing-in-may-june-2014-session.31674/
Better try out this thread :)

Reaction score

(ii) Swadeshi Movement

As you mentioned, the third reason is really not correct....It was only Hindus who considered that the British had partitioned Bengal to gain support of Muslims but in fact, it was partitioned only on the basis of it's being difficult to govern as one unit...If the British would have wanted to gain Muslim support, they could have never reversed the partition...So, the third point is wrong...and yes, large area and large proportion are over-lapping, because they both come to the point of administrative problems...instead you could add that among the 54 million population, 42 million were Hindus so it seemed sensible to divide up the province on religious grounds.

The second question has all relevant reasons...

Reaction score
Q.why did jinnah put forward his fouteen points in 1929? (7)
1) The Nehru report rejected the idea of separate electorates and Jinnah set out his fourteen points to include thre ammendments to the report that included inclusion of separate electorates
2) Jinnah wanted these fourteen points to be the be the basis for all future discussions with both the British and the Hindus.
3) The rejection of the separate electorates made it appear to Jinnah that Hindus and Muslims were separate nations as they did not respect the demands or co-operate with each other.

Are these ok?..... i rushed and this question has bugged me whenever i've done section 2

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the answer to the following Questions.
Q. How successful has the promotion of the following regional languages been in
Pakistan between 1947 and 1999?:

(i) Punjabi
(ii) Pushto
(iii) Sindhi

Q. ‘During the Second World War (1939–1945), negotiations aimed at Indian
Independence achieved little.’ Give reasons why you might agree and disagree with
this statement