• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP , Wrote math IGCSE in pencil .

egy

Reaction score
Do you get marked down If you show your workings in pencil but your answer is in Pen ?

calm down and contact your center or the british council in your city but next time don't do so and write the working + final answer in pen as working got marks same as final answer

Reaction score
Do you get marked down If you show your workings in pencil but your answer is in Pen ?
CIE asks students to write in pen to avoid working fading during the process of shipping and collating the exam papers. Your exam paper will still be marked if you have written in pencil.

If the Exams Officer notices that a student has written in pencil, it is their job to photocopy the exam paper and send it along with the original to CIE. So if your Exams Officer has done their job correctly, you'll be fine. And even if they haven't, you should be OK anyway.

Source: I'm an IGCSE teacher and Exams Officer.

Reaction score
CIE asks students to write in pen to avoid working fading during the process of shipping and collating the exam papers. Your exam paper will still be marked if you have written in pencil.

If the Exams Officer notices that a student has written in pencil, it is their job to photocopy the exam paper and send it along with the original to CIE. So if your Exams Officer has done their job correctly, you'll be fine. And even if they haven't, you should be OK anyway.

Omg thank you soooooo much . I made. The same mistake and I've been freaking out :) :)

Reaction score

then what about graphs, shading the venn diagrams and sketching

Reaction score
hey guys! what if u highlight some part of one question by accident!? :( i know its off topic but im really worried..

Reaction score
Is this what you thought, or was it a joke?

In any case, it's not very nice to say this to someone who is clearly worried about whether they will lose marks.
my teachers told me to do the working with pen otherwise they cut marks.

Reaction score
stop being so negative. i know what it feels like being nervous. you should keep others happy and not saying that you will lose marks
wth man. blame my teachers y blame me?
i guess being honest is a crime now.

Reaction score
hey guys! what if u highlight some part of one question by accident!? :( i know its off topic but im really worried..
Hi!
We're told at the beginning of every exam in my school that using highlighters or correctors would be considered malpractice. They even tell us to hand our highlighters in to make sure we don't use them in the exam. I have no idea what the penalty might be though, i'm sorry. D: