• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help???

Reaction score
i am confused abt what 2 do..
my 2 choices r aeronautical engineer or an architect..
Plz help me nd which subjects do i need in A-lvl 4r da above jobs.

Reaction score
try to find your interest and aptitude, see the relevant universities, their admission criteria. for any type of engineering in pakistan u need physics , maths and chemistry in alevels. don't know for the architect thing. Confusion will lead you to a better solution at the end. don't get confused. Take this as a opportunity.

Reaction score
To my personal opinion I think you should go for what you love the most. You won't work in a day of your life if you do a job of your interest.
You need Maths and Physics (these are a MUST for any kind of Engineering). You need chemistry too but only if you going in Chemical and not in Aeronautical.

Reaction score
I did a little research and found the following:
architecture:
For architecture while still in high school, you should plan a strong college preparatory program with courses in English, humanities subjects, mathematics, including geometry, trigonometry, algebra, and pre-calculus, and physics.
Art courses - drawing, painting, sculpture, or photography - will be helpful in developing your ability to visualize and conceptualize, both important skills to an architect.
Elective courses in computers and business will be extremely helpful in preparing for a career in architecture.

In high school, a good solid math background is a good idea: algebra, trig, calculus and physics. If your school offers a mechanical drawing course, this may be of interest. Also, take as many computer courses as you can. In college, you will have more math and physics plus courses instructural analysis, mechanical and electrical equipment, materials and methods of construction, environmental and sustainability analysis, architecture history and social context, plus business practice and management. Draw a lot to train your eye and spatial perception.
Design studio knits all of this together into buildings. If the buildings are also beautiful - as they should be - they are called architecture.
Including undergraduate studies, a typical architecture program directed toward a professional degree involves 5 to 6 years at a university, for a bachelor or master degree, respectively; PhD ... longer. Following graduation with a bachelors or masters degree in architecture, an internship of 3 years in a qualified architecture office is required, followed by successful passing of a state licensing exam to become licensed and registered as an architect. Only licensed and registered architects can use the title "architect" and practice architecture.