• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History 4 Marks Questions WITH ANSWERS - ALL POSSIBLE QUESTION

Reaction score
I tried my best to compile ALL the question which could be of 4 marks from all three books of history.:)Please pray for everyone for their exams. May Allha give success to all of us.(y)
Here are all of them:
7&8: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/7-8-pdf.7438/
9&10: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/9-10-pdf.7520/
full sec1: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/sec1-pdf.7893/
sec3( i did not prepared them :p)
thnx they helped me alot....
(y)

Reaction score
Plz anyone answer this question for me.
"The observation of the Day of Deliverance in 1939was fully justified". Do you agree? Give reasons. (14 marks)
Plz I need Your help!

Reaction score
4 marks questions for history section 1
1- Describe the ‘Hindu-Urdu Controversy.’ [4]
Reward each correct statement with 1 mark. 2 marks can be awarded for a developed
statement. Candidates might refer to:
1867, Hindus demanded Hindi be the official language instead of Urdu, Sir Syed and
Muslims shocked at attack on Urdu as it had a special meaning to them. Even Hindu
members of his Scientific Society wanted their journal published in Hindi. Growing belief that
Hindus working against the interests of Muslims and led to his Two Nation Theory.

2- Describe the battle of Plassey. [4]
1757, French encouraged Siraj-ud-Daulah to attack EIC base at Calcutta. Captured city but
couldn’t keep hold of it, Clive arrived with EIC soldiers and bribed Jafar, one of Siraj’s key
men. Made him Nawab of Bengal as a reward for turning against Siraj who was defeated by Clive. Body found in a river after battle. As a result of battle, EIC controlled trade in Bengal,
Clive made Governor of Bengal .

3- What was the Lucknow Pact? [4]
(Dec) 1916, Congress agreed to concessions with Muslim League – right to separate electorates, one
third of seats in Councils. Both wanted more seats in Councils, protection of Minorities, provinces to
have autonomy, proposals to be binding on British. First time joint agreement, Congress accepted
some form of partition needed, HR seemed a possibility and ML realised they needed to work with
Congress.

4- Who was Titu Mir? [4]
A disciple of Syed Ahmed, horrified by sufferings of Muslim farmers in West Bengal during
1830s, organized a stand against zamindars, set up his own rule near Calcutta with small
army, provoked British and killed in battle 1831

5- What was ‘The Loyal Mohammedans of India’? [4]
To bring about better relations between British and Muslims, told British that Muslims were
not opposed to them, British shouldn’t discriminate against them as Muslims were wrongly
blamed for violence, try to understand and respect Muslim beliefs, should consult with
Indians.

6- What was the Faraizi Movement? [4]
Founded by Haji Shariat Ullah, to restore pride of Muslims, revive Islam, remove Hindu
practices in worship, emphasis on praying for past sins, promising to lead a righteous life in
future, alarmed Hindus, work carried on by son

7- How has the Pakistan government promoted the development of Balochi since 1947? [4]
Radio Pakistan Karachi broadcasts in Balochi, Balochi Literary Association set up, weekly
and monthly magazines published e.g Mah e nau, Quetta TV station, development of Balochi
literature, writers and poets e.g. Atta Shad, Ishq Shamin, Gul Khan Nazir and Azad Jamal Din.

8- What happened at the battle of Kanpur? [4]
Troops joined revolt, killed their officers, led by Nana Sahib, British held out for 3 weeks, then surrendered, soldiers and 300 women and children slaughtered, remainder kept as prisoners, reinforcements arrived and prisoners killed, British carried out acts of revenge, Sahib escaped.

9- What was the East India Company? [4]
A trading company, Charter granted in 1600 by Queen Elizabeth I, landed at Surat in 1608,
permission to trade in 1612, headquarters moved to Bombay in 1664. Grew in power during
18th Century.

Reaction score
4 marks questions for history section 2
Describe the Chauri-Chaura incident. [4]
Pitched battles between locals and British soldiers in Nilambur 1921, at Tirur police station
set on fire which was a precursor to C-C in Feb 1922 – 21 policemen killed after they fired on
a political procession. Gandhi concerned about increasing level of violence and called off his
civil disobedience campaign, which upset many Congress leaders and Muslims especially. It
weakened H-M unity and also weakened support for the Khilafat Movement.

Who was Chaudri Rehmat Ali? [4]
1930 left India to study law at Cambridge, attended conferences in London on Hindu-Muslim
relationships. Believed in a separate Muslim homeland partition. 1933 a pamphlet ‘Now or
Never’ – argued in favour of partition, gave the name Pakistan. Became popular amongst
most Muslims during the 1930s. Considered less important than Allama Iqbal, Jinnah refused
to meet him.

Why did the Cripps Mission of 1942 fail? [7]
The Muslims rejected the plan because the British would not agree to Partition and the
Congress Party wanted immediate and full control over the central government. The British
were also negotiating from a weak position which the Congress Party exploited by
demanding Britain leave the sub-continent immediately.

Who was Dr Allama Iqbal? [4]
A philosopher, politician and poet who practised law in England. Knighted by the British in
1922 in recognition of his poetry. He believed in the need for Muslims to have a separate
country and that Hindus and Muslims were 2 nations. In 1927 appointed General Secretary
of Muslim League, and made his Allahabad speech in 1930. Buried outside Badshahi
Mosque in Lahore.

What was the Swadeshi Movement? [4]
A boycott of British goods by the Hindus during the time of the Partition of Bengal (1905–11),
British cloth thrown onto bonfires, wearing of locally produced clothes, series of strikes by
Indian workers especially in Calcutta.

Why was the Second Round Table Conference of 1931 unsuccessful? [7]
The Conference was unsuccessful because Gandhi refused to recognise the
rights of the Muslims. He also refused to accept that the 14 Points of the
Quaid-e-Azam should be included in future discussions. Gandhi was
unreasonable about the rights of minorities and refused to accept their
demands.

Describe the Nehru Report. [4]
1928, constitutional guarantee of fundamental rights including freedom of conscience and
liberty, central government responsible for peace and order, Dominion Status, India to
become a federation with a 2 chamber parliament, protection of minorities, vote for all men
and women.

What was the Wardha Scheme? [4]
A basic education scheme, introduced by Gandhi, made Hindi the sole language, removed
religious education, made cotton spinning by hand a part of curriculum. Students expected
to bow before picture of Gandhi.

What was the Direct Action Day? [4]
Muslim League called for 3this to take place on 16th August 1946. An attempt to stop the
British giving in to the Congress. Concerned they would be asked to form a government.
Quaid asked for peaceful protest, but serious rioting, thousands of deaths.

Describe the Rowlatt Act. [4]
1919, people could be tried in private by 3 High Court Judges, no right of appeal, people
could be ordered to live in a particular place, stopped from holding meetings or arrested
without warrant and kept in prison without trial, fear of a communist style revolution, Indian
protests.

Reaction score
Can anyone give a complete ans of this Q...
Q- Why was Quit India Movement formed in 1942.? [7]

Reaction score
CAN U ANS THX QUESTION
how did decline of Mughal empire benefit others? 7
1) No Unity so invaders such as Nadir Shah were successful in attacks and took alot of wealth from Mughal Empire
2) Muslims were weak & divided so Hindus became united and started opressing the muslims
3) British were able to increase their influence and strength + captured alot of land.

Reaction score
Can anyone give a complete ans of this Q...
Q- Why was Quit India Movement formed in 1942.? [7]

I have to study for the exam, so I'll just give you the points:
- Britain was at war. Congress felt that they could exploit the British by creating unrest it India. Since Britain was already in a difficult position, it would be forced to comply to Indian demands.
- Despite several political reforms, the Indians still had little say in how their country was run. Due to this, discontent had grown over the years and now the Indians wanted Dominion status and complete control over the political affairs of India.
- The British had refused to leave India because it was under the threat of Japanese invasion, who were expanding towards India. However, Gandhi realized that if the Brits left, there would be no threat from the Japanese and India would be safe. Therefore, the British should be made to leave. He tried to do this by starting the Quit India Movement.

Reaction score
can anyone just tell me in yes or no
WAS THE CREATION OF PAKISTAN THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT OF QUAID-E-AZAM?

Reaction score
U asked about his most important achievement n thats PAKISTAN. The factors tht are leading it to disintigerate had taken birth during the reign of MALIK GHULAM MUHAMMAD! NW understood?

Reaction score
I tried my best to compile ALL the question which could be of 4 marks from all three books of history.:)Please pray for everyone for their exams. May Allha give success to all of us.(y)
Here are all of them:
7&8: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/7-8-pdf.7438/
9&10: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/9-10-pdf.7520/
full sec1: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/sec1-pdf.7893/
sec3( i did not prepared them :p)
thankk you :) :) :))))))))))))))))))))))