• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History help plz !

Reaction score
Well in 1906, the muslims league was formed so i think its about formation of the league and its objectives.

Reaction score
Plz help me with these questions:

(c) ‘Bengal was partitioned in 1905 because of geographical factors.’ Do you agree?
Explain your answer.

(c) ‘The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own
political party.’ Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.

Reaction score
these are
(c) ‘Bengal was partitioned in 1905 because of geographical factors.’ Do you agree?
Explain your answer.
These are 14 marks questions and for these you need 5-6 facts abt the main element and explain them,and finally in the end we have to give our opinion that what we feel ..
Q1. This asks for the reasons for partition of bengal in 1905, these may include anger of british, they needed to reconcile with Muslims and etc.
Q2. asks for reasons which you can practice once from your book..
Hope You Like it

Reaction score
In this question u must first start with telling the geographical location of the Bengal and three or two other points in different paras for the reason why Bengal was partitioned
*It was difficult to administer.
*divide and rule policy of the British
*wanted to break the power of the Hindus
*British were pleased with the attempts of the Muslim reformers in clearing up the misunderstandings between British and Muslims thereby, wanted to help the Muslims.
End with a evaluating paragraph. in this case, i would disagree since there were other important reasons.
Remember there's no limit to the number of paragraphs. In fact, if you make more paragraphs, it gives a better impression to the examiner.

the other question would be attempted int he same way. explain the clause that is given in the question in the first paragraph and write 2 more points of why muslim league was formed.

Reaction score
I have a query guys...luk if this is the question:
Was the work of Shah Wali Ullah the most important factor in the revival of Islam in the subcontinent
during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Give reasons for your answer.

Marking scheme says in this regard:
Explains 2 or more factors (SWU to be included for max marks). Also
produces a judgement or evaluation.

So if i m getting it all right then we are supposed to write details of Shah Walli Ullah and Shaheed Barailvi only.....If the works of these two personalities are well explained then no need to explain the work of Haji Shariat Ullah..rite?...Secondly I was just skimming through marking schemes and examiner reports....they demand two factors including the one specifically asked in the question to be well explained and u guys are talking about explaining and linking 5-6 facts....If anybody can provide help it would be nice of him....

Reaction score
Any idea about this?
How succeccful were the British rule in the period of 1877-1911.Do u agree?.Explain ur ans.

Reaction score
Explain your answer.
Believe me u need points for 13 marks and one conclusion for 14 marks. so these are the points:

(c)
*geographical reasons
*orrisa people demanded to make their language official in provice
*british wanted to help deprived muslims and they promised of MUHAMMADEN province
*the population was too much to administer
*bengal was main point of solidarity of hindus, so to break their power.
*Divide and rule policy
*tilak the leader of pooona made impassioned speeches.(find him in kelly's book ur self)
at last of every paragraph relate how each reason led to the partition. In conclusion try to relate partition to the future events and do not summarise or repeat anything.

(c)
*congress was founded but was hindu dominated body
*hindi-urdu controversy
*after woi all blame was put on muslims, but achieve better relation with british
*simla deputation gave muslims special rights, so to organise themselves to take better advantage
*opposition of hindus to partition of bengal proved that muslims should have thier own political body and could not live with hindus
*nationalist groups arose such as arrya sanaj to convert muslims into hindiusm, so to stop them
*democracy and competetive exams(written on last page of sir syed)
relate every paragraph how each reason make muslims to think that they needed separate party. In clonclusion write hoe muslim league led to the pakistan movement and do not repeat anything already said.

If well developed you can get l5/14 in each question...

Reaction score
Was the work of Shah Wali Ullah the most important factor in the revival of Islam in the subcontinent

So if i m getting it all right then we are supposed to write details of Shah Walli Ullah and Shaheed Barailvi only.....If the works of these two personalities are well explained then no need to explain the work of Haji Shariat Ullah..rite?...Secondly I was just skimming through marking schemes and examiner reports....they demand two factors including the one specifically asked in the question to be well explained and u guys are talking about explaining and linking 5-6 facts....If anybody can provide help it would be nice of him....

I had this question in my mocks and i attempted it.
You have to write about Haji shariat ullah too.
do NOT forget to write the impacts of their works.

Reaction score

You have to write about haji shariat ullah. two factors means againt and infavour. so infavour you would write about SWU and against about SASB and HSU. They both are considered as "against" which is necessary to get more than 10 marks, coz level three can not go beyond 10 marks, and when u write about others you can get 13. BUT IF YOU ONLY GIVE THREE REASONS OF SASB YOU CAN GET 13 MARKS if u have given 4 of SWU. It is better to write both as checking vary examiner to examiner.

Reaction score
Hey...!!
need answer for
c) The reasons for the reversal of partition of bengal were stronger than the reasons of the partiotion of bengal? Do you agree or disagree?

Reaction score
Hey...!!
need answer for
c) The reasons for the reversal of partition of bengal were stronger than the reasons of the partiotion of bengal? Do you agree or disagree?

I know its 2018 and you wrote that in 2012, but I still I thought I would answer, as it might help someone else.

Ans-
LEVEL 1: Simplistic statement. (1–2)
Bengal needed partitioning.
LEVEL 2: Description of partition and/or reversals. (3–6)
Bengal was too large and needed partitioning. Hindus were in the majority and wanted
reunification.
LEVEL 3: Explains reasons for partition OR reversal. (7–10)
LEVEL 4: Explains BOTH. (9–13)
Partition
Supporters of Partition among the British thought it would be sensible to divide up the
province for administrative convenience. Bengal was very large and producing significant
administrative problems. By doing this, the British felt that the province would be easier to
administer, especially at the time of a new British government in power.
Many Muslims supported Partition because they believed that it would give them dominance
in the new province. Of the 54 million people in pre-Partition Bengal, 42 million were Hindus,
but a new separate East Bengal would have a Muslim majority.
Reversal
Congress argued that Partition was part of the British ‘divide and rule’ policy which would
weaken India and Indian unity. Major protest (meetings and mass rallies) organised by
Congress, supported by many Hindus, was so great that it caused the British to reconsider it.
Many Hindus started a mass boycott of British goods under the ‘Swadeshi Movement’. A few
extreme Hindus adopted terrorist behaviour and, among other attacks, attempted to
assassinate Lord Minto.
LEVEL 5: As Level 4: also produces a judgement or evaluation. (14)