• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History Question????

Reaction score
okay here is my answer for this question.

One of the reasons why urdu became the national language of Pakistan is its long history.It was widely spread in the mughal period and dates back as far as sultan of delhi.In its early stages it was used by armies and became widely spoken and stood in many parts of the subcontinent,SO it is natural that such a well known and established language would be chosen.Another reason for urdu being chosen was its high status.Some of finest early poets like Amir khusrou wrote in urdu and Sir syed ahmed Khan's aligarh university became a center of urdu.Many books including Quran were translated in urdu so it is considered an important language with rich literacy tradition.Perhaps the major reason for urdu being chosen was fact it was closely associated with Pakistan movement.Sir syed ahmed khan supported it and Pakistan movement was made to protect urdu.The Quaid was keen to promote urdu and saw it as a unifying force..Since pakistan was a new country it was very appropriate to pick a language which had played a part in unifying muslims.

U will be able to get 7/7 on this answer according to me......correct me if i m wrong guys ;)
this is just like on para......you need three :)

Reaction score
WELL i have 1 question regarding ayub khan that came in my mind while making tha answer of 14 marks question of ayub in which we are to write which of his refrorms were most successfull???

OKAY in past papers its written agricultural reforms were most successfull but i think industrial reforms were most successfull as they helped pakistan become a devaloping country as we all know industrial devalopment doubled.SO WHAT U GUYS THINK WHICH OF HIS REFORMS WERE BEST?????? :roll:
Industrial Reforms only gave wealth to those who handled the assets and, all of them were rich people. The poor got nth out of it, the agricultural reforms gave them sth :)