• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Honesty is the best policy

Reaction score
This story was shared on Facebook by Karachi Tips page:
Fatima Khawaja, you messaged us and told us the story you heard of Maqbool (waiter no#23 at Red Apple) and requested us to go take a picture of him because of his wonderful act of honesty. We finally got him today and confirmed the story! :)

For everyone else, here is what Fatima wrote to us around 10 days back:
"Hey guys, can you go find Maqbool at Red Apple and photograph him. His story has become viral all over FB in a couple of hours.

This story was written by Zeeshan Jamote (and posted in Karachi Food Diary). Zeeshan was looking for his wife's ring, that she had accidentally dropped outside Ami's. He went to the facebook group "we've had enough" asking for help...and a lot of people said that he would probably NOT find his wife's diamond wedding ring, and that it was gone forever...and then he writes THIS---> I was on my way home from work when I got a call from the owner of Ami’s (I had left my number with him the night before incase something came up). He told me there was somebody there who claimed to have the jewelry. He hadn’t seen it himself since the person wanted to speak to me face to face first. I got there right away and as I was parking my car outside ami’s, the red apple waiters (who remembered me from the night before and our frantic search together), rushed to the car excitedly saying, “sir aap ka samaan milgia!” I got off and asked about it and one of the waiters came forward and said he had it. We went inside the office of Aim's where he first asked me to describe the jewelry and then handed it to me, carefully wrapped in a brown paper bag. No damages and all the diamonds intact. I couldn’t believe it. Turns out that the waiters little son, who is a pan-cigarette-kid there, found the jewelry lying on the ground and was selling it to another kid on the street for a few hundred bucks the following day. The waiter caught him just in time and kept it. He knew about the lost jewelry from the night before and instantly informed Ali, the owner of Ami’s. I could not thank the man enough and commend him for his honesty. And to top it, he did not ask for any amount in exchange for the return which I was surely expecting (I obviously did reward him for it and it was well deserved). The waiters name is Maqbool, employee number 23. It was a great feeling. Not just because we found the stuff but also meeting someone like Maqbool. The man is truly a star. I’m sure you would agree that most of the issues of the country and its systems that we talk about in groups and forums like this one, mainly affect the people who’re living much simpler lives than us. People battling the ever growing frustration caused by the soaring living expenses, as they try to survive on low salaries and day-to-day earnings. It’s this frustration that usually leads to one closing his/her eyes to morality and the basic sense of right and wrong. Really happy to see that honestly and character is still important to some of our people today and they wear it proudly despite how they living conditions are. Salute to all of them."
380693_395750267154794_980027984_n.jpg