• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Maths 12 go? No discussion

Reaction score
Correct Answers (Joint Answers By Me and Aly).

Note: Question order may be wrong.

Q1) C = 8 And then arrange equation according to that.

2) area of shaded region= r^2(pie/2 -theta + sin2theta/2)

3) x^2= 240 x^3= -160 then 560x^3

4) u=6

5) theta= 71.4 and 63.7 (around these values)

6)i) 120m ii) pie/15 iii) 10<t<20

7) 2y=x-13 (idk the exactly value in replacement of 13) ii) C (9,7)

8)i) 459 ii)k=6 iii)S=54

9)i) 31.8 ii) 1/6 * (4i-2j+4k) iii) same magnitude for isosceles of OC and OA

10)i) 16pi/3 ii) i guess c was 2.5 and -3.5

11)i) p>0.5 ii) 2(x-1.5)^2 +0.5 iii) g(x)>=1/2 (iv) k=1.5 v)h inverse= 3/2 + underroot((2x-1)/4)
q7 part i its 2y = 3x - 13

Reaction score
according to the answers i lost 14-17 marks in P1, is it still possible to get an A* or even an A in maths A level?

Reaction score
I guess I did many questions correctly, messed up Q10 and c coordinate question, and the one which was 6 marks. I did the stupidest mistake of my life in the binomial's answer... I added instead of subtracting (forgot 160 was negative) got 880 so thats another mark lost.
hmmm my paper didnt go quite as expected, but lets hope for the best.
(guys if I get a B in AS can I raise it to an A* on A levels?)

Reaction score
Hi guys
In Q6)ii) , I got only cos(kt)=1 , so how much marks I will get?
For Q6)iii) I got t=10 only , so how much marks I will score in this part?
In Q7)i) , I got m=-2/3 but I forgot to divide -1/m , so how many marks I will lose?
In Q7)ii) I got the equation 2y=3x-13 but the C coordinates wrong, show many marks I will lose?
In case of Q8)b)i) , I got K=3 & I used this k value for Part ii) , will I get some follow through method marks?
In Q10)ii) , I found dy/dx only , so how many marks I would score here ?
Finally , in Q11)iii) , I got the range 5<= f(x) <= 13 , will I score marks here

Reaction score
Hi guys
In Q6)ii) , I got only cos(kt)=1 , so how much marks I will get?
For Q6)iii) I got t=10 only , so how much marks I will score in this part?
In Q7)i) , I got m=-2/3 but I forgot to divide -1/m , so how many marks I will lose?
In Q7)ii) I got the equation 2y=3x-13 but the C coordinates wrong, show many marks I will lose?
In case of Q8)b)i) , I got K=3 & I used this k value for Part ii) , will I get some follow through method marks?
In Q10)ii) , I found dy/dx only , so how many marks I would score here ?
Finally , in Q11)iii) , I got the range 5<= f(x) <= 13 , will I score marks here
Wait till August :D

Reaction score
To
Unfortunately their Q.2 is completely wrong lol.

1/2 r^2sinTheta = r^2sinTheta. Nice logic just papers... Solving AB by cosine rule when u could take radius rsinTheta..
Q8 part ii is wrong as well.
S= a/(1-r) not r-1
and they substituted the value of k instead of r..
Ya I know some of their solutions are wrong even the angle in the vector question is wrong but I just posted the link so that if someone wants to check his other answers and see how many marks he has lost so that he can make up for it in other pprs