• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Physics M/J '17 52 go?

Reaction score
1. An oscillope can measure frequency but can't vary it. You need a signal generator for that.
2. I am not sure about your safety precaution. I recommended a protective screen to prevent the mass from flying off the turntable and hitting someone.
oh tht i know signal generator is used but as i told you it was tricky so I forgot to write it but they will give marks for how to measure freq after you changed it. so i got tht good.
also they clearely stated motor and motor over time gets hot. and yours is right too.
I am getting atleast 12-13 marks. which means i will prolly get a C and das not good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Prepare for p4 ,ace.it and you will get an A ,even if your paper 5 hav low.one.
Try to manage about 85-95 in p4, (for those who got B in paper 2 As level :/ )

Reaction score
Prepare for p4 ,ace.it and you will get an A ,even if your paper 5 hav low.one.
Try to manage about 85-95 in p4, (for those who got B in paper 2 As level :/ )
you can't get 85-95 mrks in P4 bcuse usually on 60 there is an A. but when i was solving pprs myself I got 80-85 marks.

Reaction score
oh tht i know signal generator is used but as i told you it was tricky so I forgot to write it but they will give marks for how to measure freq after you changed it. so i got tht good.
also they clearely stated motor and motor over time gets hot. and yours is right too.
I am getting atleast 12-13 marks. which means i will prolly get a C and das not good.

I am afraid you forgot to measure frequency of turntable in your answer. However, since p5 only accounts for a small percentage of A levels, getting good marks in p4 is the main thing.

Reaction score
I am afraid you forgot to measure frequency of turntable in your answer. However, since p5 only accounts for a small percentage of A levels, getting good marks in p4 is the main thing.
nahhh bro I wrote how I measured the change in freq however I didnt told them how to vary it.

Reaction score
IN SHA ALLAH. Hope you get all A*'s. Ameen.
Any tips for chemistry paper 5?

My classfellow always score 90+ in p4,He is genius. So iam bit motivated by him. So yeah i'll try my level best to get 90+.
Don't depend on gts, look your own marks..

Reaction score
Any tips for chemistry paper 5?

My classfellow always score 90+ in p4,He is genius. So iam bit motivated by him. So yeah i'll try my level best to get 90+.
Don't depend on gts, look your own marks..
I will try my best too in P4 bcuse tht ppr is grade changing ppr.
p5 chem all you need to do is get your hands on as many pprs as you can and see marking scheme and if you have time to read examiner reports DO IT!!! and I made long notes and short notes for my chem A2, so i will be revising short notes 2-3 hrs before the exam. ALSO DO REVISE AS organic chem. (I already gave AS in oct so I was doing pprs and I had to revise it to solve P5). GOOD LUCK. PRAYERS WITH YOU MATE. PRAY FOR ME TOO.

Reaction score
I will try my best too in P4 bcuse tht ppr is grade changing ppr.
p5 chem all you need to do is get your hands on as many pprs as you can and see marking scheme and if you have time to read examiner reports DO IT!!! and I made long notes and short notes for my chem A2, so i will be revising short notes 2-3 hrs before the exam. ALSO DO REVISE AS organic chem. (I already gave AS in oct so I was doing pprs and I had to revise it to solve P5). GOOD LUCK. PRAYERS WITH YOU MATE. PRAY FOR ME TOO.
Yes ,ER helps lot to understand how examiner give you marks, and what is appropriate to write or not to write. ,The thing is i can only do pastpapers from 13-16, coz pattern had changed in 2014, so it is better to do pastpapers from 14 ownwards, But i will read marking schemes from 2007-16 ,

Yah Good luck to you as well, As Organic is far easier than A2, But iam not sure Examiner can give the Chromatography,Electrophoresis part in p5,. Also prepare them too.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me that if the change in the frequency of the power supply is equal to the change in frequency of the spinning turntable, does that necessarily mean that both frequencies will be the same?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me that if the change in the frequency of the power supply is equal to the change in frequency of the spinning turntable, does that necessarily mean that both frequencies will be the same?
Bro please tell me one thing How the turntable will rotate, offcourse its finest thing "electric motor" which gives power to turntable to rotate ,so they would be equal,
But lol if not then why we should use motor? lol

Reaction score
For q1 I wrote
r - independent variable
f - dependent variable
keep mass of cube constant
measure mass using top pan balance
(I drew a diagram with the turntable connected to a motor and the motor in a circuit with ammeter in series, a DC power supply in series and a voltmeter across the motor).
Use clay/tac-it to keep cube attached to the turntable.
Use a pin to mark center of turntable.
Use ruler to measure distance of cube from center of turntable.
I wrote attach a piece of cardboard on top of the turntable and measure the time taken for 10 revolutions of the turntable and divide the time by 10 to obtain time period for one revolution.
Use formula f = 1/T to calculate frequency.
Repeat experiment for each value of r and calculate average for 'f'.
Plot graph of f against 1/r and the gradient = (forgot the expression).
K = (can't recall right now).
Relationship is valid if graph is a straight line passing through the origin.
Use safety goggles to prevent cube from hitting or injuring the person carrying out the experiment.
Use sand tray to prevent the cube from falling and injuring someone.
no you have to connect the motor to turntable yaar. and you have to change the radius to calculate the maximum frequency not to move.