• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did PHYSICS P21 go?

Reaction score
How did physics A levels P21 go for you guys?
I didn't find it easy at all. I had confusions in many questions.
What was the answer for the first part of the last question though, the one about the quarks and +e charge of protons?

Reaction score
i think it went quite well overall, the last question of electricity where they put a cell in parallel really confused me though..

for the quark one you had to say that protons have a structure of uud, u=2/3e e and d=1/3e so proton=2/3e+2/3e-1/3e=1e
and then do the same for neutron which is udd=0

Reaction score
i think it went quite well overall, the last question of electricity where they put a cell in parallel really confused me though..

for the quark one you had to say that protons have a structure of uud, u=2/3e e and d=1/3e so proton=2/3e+2/3e-1/3e=1e
I never read about that 2/3e thing in the book. Sigh
Btw what was your answer to that base units question 1 part 1?

Reaction score

What did you do for the 2 force questions regarding the parachute? I was struggling.

Also, if you guys can recall the tricky parts from the question paper(as i have forgotten a lot of things), let me know and we can discuss and compare our answers

Reaction score
The paper wasnt that easy.
It had its tricky parts.
Did u all write that the wave was coming towards the observer right?

Reaction score
What did you do for the 2 force questions regarding the parachute? I was struggling.
I couldn't even complete those two parts. How did you work it out?

Yeah those were tricky.. For the first part I basically said that the res. F=O vertically so the W+Tvertically=the upwards force and got 1050N
In the second you had already calculated the acceleration before so you knew what the resultant force was, and then you'd equal it to Thorizontally-R (don't remember the value i got)

Reaction score
I never read about that 2/3e thing in the book. Sigh
Btw what was your answer to that base units question 1 part 1?

That wasn't in mine either, lucky my physics teacher explained that and I think I've seen a few past papers with that questions..
I think it was kgm-1s-2

Reaction score
And what about that paraglider question? It was sorta tricky too and that lambda value?

Reaction score
What might the grade threshold for this paper since the paper might have seemed easy but it was sorta tricky what say?

Reaction score
The paper wasnt that easy.
It had its tricky parts.
Did u all write that the wave was coming towards the observer right?
It wasn't too easy but it was way easier than the MJ 2016 paper, so the threshold probably won't be too low. I think it'll be in 40's for A. Maybe 45

Reaction score
And what about the current in B and the ratios?
Wasn't it the simple V=IR formula? Because it was just one mark. Im not sure about the ration though, i somehow got 2 and im sure it was wrong. What did you get

Reaction score
Wasn't it the simple V=IR formula? Because it was just one mark. Im not sure about the ration though, i somehow got 2 and im sure it was wrong. What did you get

BTW the next one for the ratio it was of three marks so would we get 1/3 marks for writing the P= I square R formula right? even tho the final ans wasnt correct?

Reaction score
~

I wrote away because the frequecy observed was lower than the actual frequency of the wave...

i also wrote away and ans was 37.7 it wasnt negative though.IT WAS "AWAY FROM OBSERVER" RIGHT???
cuz frequency was lower than the original means source is moving away