• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did STATISTICS 1 go?

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Reaction score
The method you mentioned was correct for the mean. My mean and variance are correct for MY mid-points.
I got the same midpoints and frequencies as you but I seem to get a different answer , that's what's confusing me I thought that my midpoints are wrong that's I am not getting the same mean and variance as everybody else

Reaction score
BTW For the histograms, did you ensure the line did not touch exactly the line for the boundaries for the right? As in <12 so being at like 11.95
I wanted to ask for the histogram myself. I used 9.95, 10.45 and so on. Q4 in this paper is a similar one and exact 20, 30 are used according to the mark scheme. Both are correct perhaps.

Reaction score
the question stated repetition is allowed and less than and the numbers shkuld be less than 1000 and multiples of 5. so the last digit has onr possibility. and there were 7 no.s in total. since repetitions are allowed and it was a three digit no. 7x7 =49
u r forgetting that there could be 2 digits or single digit numbers also :p
so the answer is 57!
^Yupp thats exactly what was i going to tell u :p btw, the number cud have been 555 or even only 5 as well ;) so 2 more possibilities..