• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did your Biology Paper 12 go?

What did you think of Biology Paper 12?

• Total voters
Reaction score
what about that bohr effect one I chose that carbon dioxide increases 02 release D I think I am wright

Same here. It was the option that went along the lines that it stimulates haemoglobin to dissociate its oxygen more quickly right? Because if it is then yes I did that one Aswell :p

Reaction score
It was D. The organism that everything else except plants was pointing toward. Decomposes break down nutriebts which plants take up so the arrow was pointing from that organism to the plants

Reaction score
And it was antigens, receptors and allows fat soluble substances to pass through.. Both glycoproteins and glycolipids act as both antigens and receptors

Reaction score
I chose D for the bohr effect one too. And it starts off with chemical receptor? I thought it was antigen. Proteins contains gylcoproteins/glycolipids which are chemical receptors, but antigens are just connected to the membrane, no?
I chose A for that one....

Reaction score
Same here. It was the option that went along the lines that it stimulates haemoglobin to dissociate its oxygen more quickly right? Because if it is then yes I did that one Aswell :p
C was the correct for that one...it said that dissociation increases with increase in co2 conc..or something like this...

Reaction score
I chose D for the membrane one too.. Don't remember what was the option for plasmodium.. Anywho what did u all choose for the thing which directly effects Surface Area.. I chose emphysema and smoking
Yes i too chose that....only emphysema and smoking decrease the surface area for diffusion

Reaction score
Yeah I chose A for the tar question too. And yes your answer to the enzyme question is also correct.

Reaction score
that atherosclerosis question? i did "nicotine only"
and ht directly reduces surface area? i did " emphysema and lung cancer" :/