• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How do I study for Biology, Chemistry and Physics (O Levels)?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do I study for the O Level Sciences? I have started doing pastpapers, and have already revised most of the syllabus. How many years of pastpapers do I have to do? I was told to solve pastpapers from 2000-2010, and have already finished them till 2006. Is this enough? I still need to take help from the marking schemes for certain questions, and I still tend to make mistakes when solving the pastpapers (which is scary, because the CIE's are just around the corner). How are you guys studying for the sciences? I need effective learning methods, so if you could tell me what you are doing for the CIE's this year, I would be grateful :)

StrikeMidnight114

tdk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do I study for the O Level Sciences? I have started doing pastpapers, and have already revised most of the syllabus. How many years of pastpapers do I have to do? I was told to solve pastpapers from 2000-2010, and have already finished them till 2006. Is this enough? I still need to take help from the marking schemes for certain questions, and I still tend to make mistakes when solving the pastpapers (which is scary, because the CIE's are just around the corner). How are you guys studying for the sciences? I need effective learning methods, so if you could tell me what you are doing for the CIE's this year, I would be grateful :)

StrikeMidnight114

Just carry on your work. And the topics which u find confusing read from the textbook. if u need any help, then ask me.

Reaction score
keep-calm-and-study-hard-249.png

Reaction score
I've been facing problems as well it was better for u if you did 2007-end cuz the syllabus is the same b4 that it was different , and its okay for now to make mistakes and go to the mark scheme , keep one year you solve it as if ur doing the exam don't touch any book or mark scheme while doing it and see where your stuck and focus on those point and btw how many subjects are u taking this session?

Reaction score
I've been facing problems as well it was better for u if you did 2007-end cuz the syllabus is the same b4 that it was different , and its okay for now to make mistakes and go to the mark scheme , keep one year you solve it as if ur doing the exam don't touch any book or mark scheme while doing it and see where your stuck and focus on those point and btw how many subjects are u taking this session?

I think that a great idea! I might just do that... My teachers have been a great help, so I've been going to them for the post-mock classes. I am taking 8 subjects: Bio, Chem, Physics, Socio, Maths, English Language, English Literature and Urdu. What about you?

Reaction score
Same, I make really stupid mistakes. :\
Good luck.
You know i'm also trying past papers and i have a problem of skipping questions that i think are easy and in reality i make mistake solving them(Silly ones)
But i think this is because i'm relaxed at home and i'll attempt papers more seriously In CIE and there will be lesser chance of silly errors
:D

Reaction score
You know i'm also trying past papers and i have a problem of skipping questions that i think are easy and in reality i make mistake solving them(Silly ones)
But i think this is because i'm relaxed at home and i'll attempt papers more seriously In CIE and there will be lesser chance of silly errors
Haha, this is what I tell myself! Buss Allah karay papers asaan aye:\ How many subjects you takingg?

Reaction score

You're right though. I always do the paper more seriously when I am in a serious environment. And I've been making SO many silly mistakes in Chemistry recently. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens :/ I can't WAIT for this examination session to be over!

Reaction score
i am sort of impatient because i want to get rid of em' as soon as possible and then enjoy the relaxed vaccations!

Reaction score
Maths, chem , phy, Computer studies, and English!
English or computer ko tho touch he nahi kia :p
Wahhh, phir bhii. I have Bio, Phys, Chem, Maths, Eng, PS, Isl, Urdu.
Urdu mein tou pakka faail. Kakh nai parha.
And just praying to Allah for the other subs. -_-

Reaction score
Wahhh, phir bhii. I have Bio, Phys, Chem, Maths, Eng, PS, Isl, Urdu.
Urdu mein tou pakka faail. Kakh nai parha.
And just praying to Allah for the other subs. -_-
Praying is all we can do after all the (HARDWORK) HAHAHAHAHA
mujhe yeh best fit curve ya line samajh nahin aata ?
Tumhe kuch aata hai is ke baare mein samajh ?
do saal ho gaye or ab thak ye nahi samjha :p