• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How do u guys study biology efficiently?

Reaction score
I tend to memorize stuff (when I read couple of times, it just gets into my head). But then it takes a lot of time for the preparation and i tend to mix them up, excluding doing the past papers and worksheets.so,the question is, how I can manage studying biology with less time and to be well-prepared without mixing the things? x_x

Reaction score
That's what happens to me in physics. Biology, as far as I'm concerned, needs constant revision. Only understanding won't help you, and only memorizing won't help you either. I think it's a mix of memorization, understanding and application. You should try linking previous knowledge to anything new that you're learning; that way, the ideas will form a chain and stick in your mind.

As for "How to study for less time?", that question I can't answer. I'm having the same issue. It also depends on your studying method. I tend to re-write my notes. That's why it takes me hours to finish studying a single chapter. If you're like me, perhaps you should write less and read aloud more.

And what do you mean by "excluding pastpapers" ? I think that if you turn to pastpapers as soon as you finish understanding a single idea, then you're going to have a hard time. I suggest that you finish understanding and memorizing the theory part first, and then carry on to pastpapers.