• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How do you move items while recording macro in word

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering how you can move things (e.g. images) while recording macros in word. I was doing a past paper for AICT before and it asked me to create a macro which did a bunch of stuff including inserting an image to the top right corner of the letter, but after inserting the image, how can I move it while the macro is still being recorded? It doesn't let me move it like it normally would and just inserts the image in the center of the document...

Thx

Reaction score
All names included are fictional and do not resemble what should come in the exam.
You can just pause recording move it as you normally would then when it's where you are comfortable menopause it. No one saw anything :p

Now if u don't know how to add an image while in macro here' how

Ok. Let's say you have a document containing the address of the company in the top right of the page.
A question says: Record a macro that places the picture Aircrafts.jpg in the top right corner of the document Manifest.rtf
How to do it:
1)First open the document Manifest.rtf
2)Go to tools, Macros, Record Macro
3)Then IF you have the address (for example 22th Hamraa Dist. Cairo, Egypt) Press enter on the one on the first line so that all the address moves down one line
4)On the new line press space once then, hold shift and using the arrows move to the left once so that the space you just entered is highlighted.
5)Now insert a textbox from the Drawing toolbar. If it appeared on the right.. Don't worry that should relocate where you want when you're done with the next couple of steps.
6)Then right click on the dotted border of the newly formed text box.
7)a)Colours and lines tab: locate the Line section. Under that should be a Color section. Choose No Line which basically is white. What this does is removes the textbox border.
b)Size tab:Choose a suitable height of your own preference, say 4 cm. Then tick the 'lock aspect ratio' box under it. This should prevent the box being in strange dimensions( too tall and too narrow or too short and too wide)
c)Layout tab: take square wrapping. Then go to advanced. This is where you control the location of your picture. The horizantal section is where you choose the horizontal alignment of the picture and relative to what. So in this example we will check the first alignment box, then choose right nad relative to Margin. Now to the Vertical alignment. This one takes care of the top or bottom location. So for our example we check the alignment box choose top and relative to margin.
d) textbox tab: Nothing much just make sure the bottom two check boxes are UNTICKED.
e) Now click ok.
Right now you should have the box relocated to the right of the page.
9) Now click inside the box and press space once. This should add a space to the box as if you are typing something inside the texbox. Now again hold shift and move the arrow backwards once. This should highlight the space you just added.
10) Go to insert/ picture/ from file and browse to your picture and insert it.
11) Now the picture should be contained within the texbox.
12) The picture might not be above the address text. If that's the problem just press enter a couple of time on the first line of the address until the address becomes underneath the picture. You get the point just manipulate the format until everything is good enough.
13) Finally stop the macro.
I know that's a bit loooong, but that's the only way I know. Feel free to ask anything.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering how you can move things (e.g. images) while recording macros in word. I was doing a past paper for AICT before and it asked me to create a macro which did a bunch of stuff including inserting an image to the top right corner of the letter, but after inserting the image, how can I move it while the macro is still being recorded? It doesn't let me move it like it normally would and just inserts the image in the center of the document...

Thx

first of all, a trick for this is to insert the image first and then do the rest of the things
now when you insert the pic, check the Text Wrapping, in most cases this is set to In Line With Text. However it is not possible (or I've not found out the way yet) to change text wrapping settings when recording macro, so you check out the settings beforehand as a trial
now if it is set in In Line with Text, then the work is really simple. Just change the text alignment of the picture to right as you would do for text. Earlier I said to insert the image at first, the benefit of this is achieved here... the pic will be on the top line/very first line... so just by changing the alignment you can place the picture at the top right corner
but if the Text Wrapping is Square, then I'm not sure how to do this

anyways, hope it'll solve your problem