• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How is your preperation for Chem Unit 2 ???

Reaction score
methanol reacts with Na ! so the bubbles tht form r wat ?? OH is the product ? n r all metal hydrocarbons white ppt ?

When methanol reacts with Na, Sodium Methoxide is formed, which is white. The sodium fizzes and gets smaller, effervescence is also seen as H2 is given off

Reaction score
yes, but I don't use van dar waal. in the book it says van dar waal means london and permanent dipole-dipole

and from jan 12 er:
This candidate correctly identifies the main intermolecular force involved and the factor
which determines the magnitude of the force in these examples. Strictly speaking, van
der Waals forces is a general term that encompasses London forces and permanent dipole
interactions

Reaction score
yes, but I don't use van dar waal. in the book it says van dar waal means london and permanent dipole-dipole

and from jan 12 er:
This candidate correctly identifies the main intermolecular force involved and the factor
which determines the magnitude of the force in these examples. Strictly speaking, van
der Waals forces is a general term that encompasses London forces and permanent dipole
interactions

Thanks for the heads up :)

Reaction score

and from jan 12 er:
interactions
so what should i use ?? then ??

Reaction score
i need the diagram of the apparatus for preparing ethanol from ethanal ??

n we would be reducin ethanal in that r8 ? but we still use K2Cr2O7 ?? isnt that an oxidation agent that does change from ethanol to ethanal not the opposite ??

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me everything what we have to know about London Forces, Instantaneous Dipoles and Induced Dipoles?

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me everything what we have to know about London Forces, Instantaneous Dipoles and Induced Dipoles?

Basically, London Forces are the intermolecular forces that are the most common. They result from the uneven distribution of electrons, which forms a temporary dipole. This temporary dipole, then causes inducing or fleeting dipoles in the neighbouring molecules.

Reaction score
Basically, London Forces are the intermolecular forces that are the most common. They result from the uneven distribution of electrons, which forms a temporary dipole. This temporary dipole, then causes inducing or fleeting dipoles in the neighbouring molecules.
Thank You :)

Reaction score
the rxn involving phosphorus (III) iodide to form haloalkane ? whats everything we need to know bout this ?? O.O