• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to revise AS Computing Paper 1?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need some serious advice regarding this subject. I finished my syllabus a month ago. I never learn anything by heart. I am the sort of student who depends solely on understanding and common sense. Lately I am doing reasonably well in all my other subjects but whenever I solve Computing past p1 papers I find it difficult to explain the answers properly and often my answers do not match with the points in the mark scheme. I also find it difficult to relate my answer to the application stated in the question. I understand all the topics stated in the syllabus but I have nt memorised anything by heart. I will sit for the exam this May and I am worried! So, I would be really grateful if someone could give me some serious tips about Computing revision and question solving techniques. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Seriously, I have no idea, maybe revision is the problem. I never revise for computing, the answers just come to me without actually revising theory, just logically answer the questions.

Reaction score
Seriously, I have no idea, maybe revision is the problem. I never revise for computing, the answers just come to me without actually revising theory, just logically answer the questions.
You are expert in solving the papers because you must have studied the subject. Please tell me what made it possible for you to answer Computing papers automatically? I want to know what is the proper way to study the subject? (# I got an A* in O levels Computer studies but A levels is turning out to be a nightmare)

Reaction score
You are expert in solving the papers because you must have studied the subject. Please tell me what made it possible for you to answer Computing papers automatically? I want to know what is the proper way to study the subject? (# I got an A* in O levels Computer studies but A levels is turning out to be a nightmare)
Well, I didn't revise for O Level at all and got an A* as well. I haven't really studied the subject but as I am a computer enthusiast and taught myself programming etc when I was young I tend to already know the answers. For some A2 stuff I need to revise and memorise etc.

I find the O Level paper and A Level p1 very similar tbh.

If you have a good revision book such as the CIE published one, just read the chapters, examples and answer questions from the book. Sometimes teachers notes can be useless for computing.