• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to take Further Maths?

Reaction score
I'm planning to take Further Maths. I'll be learning the subject by my own. So can anyone guide me? Is it the same with Maths, whereby we are required to choose units from P1/S1/P3/M1? How will the exam papers be?

Reaction score
I'm planning to take Further Maths. I'll be learning the subject by my own. So can anyone guide me? Is it the same with Maths, whereby we are required to choose units from P1/S1/P3/M1? How will the exam papers be?

It will be quite difficult to do well in Further Math by yourself but it is doable. There are no choices in the CIE Further Math syllabus, you have to take all of the units. You sit for two papers. Paper 1 focuses on Pure Math while Paper 2 tests Mechanics and Statistics. If you need any further help, ask away!

Reaction score
It will be quite difficult to do well in Further Math by yourself but it is doable. There are no choices in the CIE Further Math syllabus, you have to take all of the units. You sit for two papers. Paper 1 focuses on Pure Math while Paper 2 tests Mechanics and Statistics. If you need any further help, ask away!
Where can I find the notes? They don't have to be too detailed but not too general like the syllabus. I just want to make sure I covered the syllabus completely. I can't find any textbook from CIE & the Oxford one is a little bit unorganized.

Reaction score
Where can I find the notes? They don't have to be too detailed but not too general like the syllabus. I just want to make sure I covered the syllabus completely. I can't find any textbook from CIE & the Oxford one is a little bit unorganized.
There is no such textbook for Further Maths per se which guides you completely through the syllabus.