• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to write a 4,7 and 14 mark answer in History (Pak.Stud)...? Urgently help

Reaction score
Please Help Me...!
For 4 marks question..you write need to state 4 facts..i.e. year of event/birth according to what evers asked..for 7 marks..you need 3 facts..and you have to fully explain them..with a conclusion in the end..for 14 marks..you need 5 facts..fully explain them..and then a statement/conclusion in the end..

Reaction score
For 4 marks you have to give a brief description of what that thing is. For eg: What was the East India Company?
Here you'll mention how did they arrived in India and other stuff
Facts are also necessary like they landed in surat in 1608, when did they started trading, they were given the royal charter...
For 7 marks you need to mention 3 relevant points in three different paragraphs to attain high marks like 6
For 14 marks you need to mention 5-7 points in different paragraphs to attain full marks cuz in o level you can attain full marks in 14 mark questions..
Hope it helped!!!

Reaction score
for 4 marks, u must give reasons,causes,impacts and famous personalities involved or the year it happened in.
for the 7 mark question. write three reasons .the most immediate one at the end. ;)
for the 14 marks, it is not important to write 5 to 7 points.u must only write minimum 3 in total i.e including the one clause mentioned in the question. Also u might give a background in some of the questions.

Reaction score
For 4 marks question..you write need to state 4 facts..i.e. year of event/birth according to what evers asked..for 7 marks..you need 3 facts..and you have to fully explain them..with a conclusion in the end..for 14 marks..you need 5 facts..fully explain them..and then a statement/conclusion in the end..
no need to mention give conclusion in 7 marks Q

Reaction score
These are the formats to be followed in Paper 1 (history ) .

4 marks question:

about 8 lines. Cover the following :
Who? What? When? Where?

7 marks question:

3 factors - fully explained- in exactly 3 paras of varying length.
Don't just describe what the factor was , but explain how it was important to the concerned event.

14 mark question :

State the validity of question statement according to you ( you know agree or disagree?)
Explain the importance of factor 1 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 2 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 3 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 4 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 5 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 6 in to the concerned event.
Explain the importance of factor 7 in to the concerned event.
Conclude with a judgement . This should include your reason as to why you agreed/disagreed at the start of question.
If the question points out a factor , then make that one factor 1.

Now just use these and practice. Good Luck :)

Reaction score
in 4 marks question write any 4 lines relating to the question or any two developed line(each line have two facts).
in 7 marks, you need 3 reasons but for each,
-first identify reason, then describe it in detail then explain how each reason is related to the question with words so or thus.
in 14 marks question you need 7 reasons but for each,
-first identify reason, then describe it in detail then explain how each reason is related to the question with words so or thus. The reason given in question must be first written. in case of how successful first all success or all failure, do not merge them. on for first reason if that is of L3(the way i said to write each reason) u get l3/7, then each marks on rest 6. when you change your side(like start to write success after failures) your level change into l4. If you just give one side of story(like only success not failures) you can not get more than 10(that is limit if l3) so you would get l4/13 but to get l4/14 or l5/14 you need a conclusion which : must not be summary, no repetition, your own opiniion, relate that event to future eg pakistan movement and partition for 1st and 2nd section and with present for 3rd sectoin.

Maybe it would sound so confusing, but it is really confusing and but so easy to understand.

Reaction score

4 marks question:

Who? What? When? Where?

7 marks question:

Don't just describe what the factor was , but explain how it was important to the concerned event.

14 mark question :

State the validity of question statement according to you ( you know agree or disagree?)
Conclude with a judgement . This should include your reason as to why you agreed/disagreed at the start of question.

awesome answer.. ! :)

Reaction score

4 marks question:

Who? What? When? Where?

7 marks question:

14 mark question :

Can I do it as if I get a 14 mark question, right?
So, it says, 'Were the causes of War of 1857 justified?'
Like :
The causes of War of 1867 were justified because:
L3/7- Forceful conversions of Sikhs, Hindus and Moslems to Christianity
L3/8- Expecting soldies to give up on their religion when sent in battle
L3/9- High taxation coupled with low salary of infantry
L3/10- Doctrine of Lapse
L3/11- Shift of national language from Persian to English
L3/12- Lack of political representation of Indians in the government
L3/13- Greased cartridges
However, the causes were not justified because:
L4/14- British rule had brought benefits to India like telegrams, world-class education, banning of Suttee to maintain women rights in male-dominating society.
L5/1- Conclusion that the War was justified as British had disturbed economic, religious, political and social position of the Indians ... and this effort result in Pakistan Movement and so on ...

How many marks would I get for the above answer?

Reaction score
in 4 marks question write any 4 lines relating to the question or any two developed line(each line have two facts).
in 7 marks, you need 3 reasons but for each,
-first identify reason, then describe it in detail then explain how each reason is related to the question with words so or thus.
in 14 marks question you need 7 reasons but for each,
-first identify reason, then describe it in detail then explain how each reason is related to the question with words so or thus. The reason given in question must be first written. in case of how successful first all success or all failure, do not merge them. on for first reason if that is of L3(the way i said to write each reason) u get l3/7, then each marks on rest 6. when you change your side(like start to write success after failures) your level change into l4. If you just give one side of story(like only success not failures) you can not get more than 10(that is limit if l3) so you would get l4/13 but to get l4/14 or l5/14 you need a conclusion which : must not be summary, no repetition, your own opiniion, relate that event to future eg pakistan movement and partition for 1st and 2nd section and with present for 3rd sectoin.

Maybe it would sound so confusing, but it is really confusing and but so easy to understand.
plz can u upload all 14 mark Qs
i need it fast plzzzz bhai

Reaction score
For 4 marks you have to give a brief description of what that thing is. For eg: What was the East India Company?
Here you'll mention how did they arrived in India and other stuff
Facts are also necessary like they landed in surat in 1608, when did they started trading, they were given the royal charter...

For 7 marks you need to mention 3 relevant points in three different paragraphs to attain high marks like 6

For 14 marks you need to mention 5-7 points in different paragraphs to attain full marks cuz in o level you can attain full marks in 14 mark questions..
Hope it helped!!!
Ramsey THEN?

Reaction score
help me i write alot in my exams all of thee reason pretty much so what should be an ideal length for a 14 mark question

Reaction score
Do you have to write an introduction for a 14 mark question

Reaction score
Do you have to write an introduction for a 14 mark question
no intro but say "the *reason* played an important role in causing the *event*. then go on to explain it and its effects and end with a "hence, *reason* caused *event* by *few words summary* and do the other reason paragraphs like this (my teacher, a very senior one, said for a 14/10 mark question, you need 5 paras on reasons(including the one mentioned in the question)/ 5-6 successes and failures in total, and then the 6th para is the analysis. hope this helped

Reaction score
what is a JUDGEMENT paragraph in a 14 mark question because i have started practicing but i have yet to know the meaning of judgement...

Reaction score
what is a JUDGEMENT paragraph in a 14 mark question because i have started practicing but i have yet to know the meaning of judgement...
judgement means your conclusion, or analysis, whether you agree or disagree with the statement given or whether you think the relationship etc. was a success or failure. its the last paragraph where you explain your analysis for eg. "HENCE, I agree that the grease paper cartridge incident was the main reason for the war of independence AS..." then you summarize why you think it caused the war and also add some things you didn't in your previous 1st para explaining that reason, and why it was more important than the others eg. it was the direct cause for the war and pushed the revolt to begin and showed the British lack of care for indian interest as it threatened Hindu and Muslim religious beliefs etc.