• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOw Was Accounting Paper 11 ???????????

Reaction score
What did u guys write for comparability question and the other question that asks you about how matching concept is applied in provision for doubtful debts and bad debts ?

for comparability, i wrote that the financial statements should be useful in comparing with previous years and with other businesses in the same trade

for matching, i wrote the meaning of the matching concept, and that the increase in provision (which is found in the ledger a/c) is relating to the current year thus is treated as an expense in the same year's income statement, same for bad debts too.

hope it helped

Reaction score
for comparability, i wrote that the financial statements should be useful in comparing with previous years and with other businesses in the same trade

for matching, i wrote the meaning of the matching concept, and that the increase in provision (which is found in the ledger a/c) is relating to the current year thus is treated as an expense in the same year's income statement, same for bad debts too.

hope it helped
i wrote the same
Which country do you reside in?