• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Bio pp3

Xam

Reaction score
So guys how did it went?? mine was pretty good yar... except a lil here n there mistakes!!
q1 was easy but in ques 2, i couldnt make a plan diagram properly cuz it was a root cell.. n there werent any vascular bundles in K1

Reaction score
Well, I thought it was not difficult at all. Question 1 was a bit different from the previous papers, still it was easy. Question 2 was a pain, probably because I hate plants!!! But overall it was quite an easy paper. What differences did you notice between the slide and the image?

Reaction score
Ah, and i believe there was vascular bundle in the slide. Yes, it was a root hair cell. but root hair cells have the vascular bundle located in the stele. The xylemn in the centre and the phloem sorrounding the xylem.

Reaction score
Was this paper unexpectedly SHORT ? Or was it just me ? Cuz I was thoroughly done with solving and several rechecks like 20 minutes early ! I hope that's good .

During solving I thought it was kinda confusing, but later thinking about it, it was actually pretty easy :D Just a bit different.

The Permeability for Question 1 increased with increase in cuso4 conc, right ?
And what was the variable we had to control? The tubers' length or what?

For Question 2, I didn't really understand what the Question before the last was asking for. Was it percentage of Ca ions in xylem to "" phloem? Like 85/190 x 100 ?
Or was it like 85/(190+85) x 100 = 40% and 190/(85+190) x 100 = 60% Then 60% - 40% = 20% ?? ( I'm not sure of the numbers, though. )
Also for the High-Power drawing of the xylem and layer surrounding its quarter, could the circle representing xylem be a single-line? Cuz looking closely in the microscope, a double-line was clearly not present :S

Thanks to whoever is kind enough to respond. :)

Reaction score
Guys guys...you should have seen paper 34...it was horrible!!!unfortunately it was the paper i did...never seen a practical like that before...it was complicated!

Reaction score
the paper was kinda shorter than usual...i had to repeat my expt..koz i forgot to wash the samples after cutting...still, i got tym to revise...i saw a thick line for the xylem...so i drew double line...

Reaction score
yeah, i agree, the paper was really short. but so was last years. I really don't get it, why are we so short on time for chemistry and have so much spare time for biology?

anyways, Niidz, i also came to that conclusion, the permeability increased as the conc of copper sulphate increased.
i think the variable we had to control was the length. Pretty sure about it.
for the second question, the part about the percentage difference I did 85/190 x 100. but all of my friends did it differently. no one got the same answer, soo... not sure!
for the plan diagram of the high power xylem, i did a single line for the xylem vessel and a double line for the sorrounding cells. what do you think?

Reaction score
YEAH the paper was quite gud and simple...........
i mean it was quite different frm other past papers bt was easy.......
n it was short too.....
and for the variable to control even i wrote that it was length..........
and ya as the concentration increases the permeability also increases...........
and in the percentage thing i got 40% ( not sure about it ) as everyone has got different different ans.
i did 85/190 x 100.............

i wish thats the correct ans.......
n hope that the other two papers are also easy like this one...............
:)

ALL THE BEST.............to everyone..... :D

Reaction score
the percentage difference that i got is about 55%. Most of my friends had the same answer like me.

Reaction score
i also got 55% ..

cox the formulae for finding percentage diff is difference/original value..
thus, it becumx 190 - 85 / 190 = 55%

Reaction score
percentage was 55 percent...overall my practical went pretty bad..:S...which variable was to be kept constant surface area or length?????

Reaction score
i had put surface area and since the cross sectional area was the same, the length should be the same...i actually included both...