• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 3 PRACTICALS?

Reaction score
Re: HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 33?

EEEEEzzzz paper! I got time less than s3 so i gave 0.4% as answer. There was a lot of time for the paper as well.
For the labelled diagrams of the cell, i shaded nucleus in 1 cell and in the wbc i showed granular cytoplasm and nucleus with random dots. Is that ok or will i lose marks here?

Reaction score

I think you will lose mark for shading nucleus :D,i did it before and my teacher denied it

Reaction score

what if we made an enlarged drawing of WBC and label it...i didnt shade the cytoplasn or anything...just labelled it.
same with RBCs but yeh i shaded the area in which no nucleus is present...right?
what were the differences you guys came up with when comparing those two figures?

Reaction score

my result was coming b/w .2 & .3
so i wrote .2<concentration<.3

Reaction score
hey black if you are appearing for gp today please post the topis as soon as u return home after paper.

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
never shade!

At first, i made diagonal lines to show the 'darker regions'. Our teacher said your not suppose to shade, but can make lines to distinguish the areas. Then i peeked at my friends paper and decided to rub them.:) What would one do without cheating?

Reaction score
my result was time decreasing...abt the last drawing part wat were we supposed to label..i could identify nucleolus..nucleoplasm...cell membrane and what looked lyk a goblet cell.

Reaction score
u cant see goblet cells under light microscope
u need not identify golbet cells
cell membrane cytoplas and nucleus r enough

Reaction score
p31 was easy. I did the second part first, distinguishing between the two images was tricky, as they wasn't a lot you could say, but doable. The first part a 5-year-old could do it. I did something wrong the first time, as the test tube became transparent in like, 1 second, but i had more than enough time to do it again. The writing parts were basic, and a full 10 minutes at the end to relax came in handy :D

Reaction score
i did the first part wrong the first time
then corrected it
i mean did it again ands finished before 30 min!