• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 3 PRACTICALS?

Reaction score
So, after all the predictions and guesses, please tell me how was your paper 3 going and how accurate the predictions were :)

Reaction score
Re: HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 33?

your guesses perfectly right in the first part =), i'm a little confused about do you need to record the final volume of 3 solutions in the table or not ?

Reaction score

It was an 4 mark table so i guess no, i did . My friend didn't, he just made a table with "observations" and "time taken". I also added "volume of solution" and "volume of Bendicts". Overall pretty easy paper, with visking tube making a maiden appearance in biology experiments.
Btw, what was your conc for "Sample"? Mine took less time that S3 so i wrote 0.45% glucose concentration.

Reaction score

it was comparitively easier than previous papers. I was getting conc bw s2 and s3.

Reaction score

me got time between S2 and S3 but closer to S3 so wrote 0.27%

Reaction score

wait a minute......i did bio paper 31 n i got the Visking tube experiment..........wats up with the paper33 :?:

overall the paper was pretty easy..... but i didn't know wat exactly was on that slide.....i drew a plan diagram of a vein and a capillary (which I think is wrong).......

Reaction score

dude i made a simple table with the s1, s2, s3, and sample. then the colour change and the time taken to achieve that. is it enough for 4 marks. friends said no:-(

Reaction score

arhama said:
dude i made a simple table with the s1, s2, s3, and sample. then the colour change and the time taken to achieve that. is it enough for 4 marks. friends said no:-(

Yes it is. I also added two columns for "volume of solution" and "volume of benedicts added". But considering that 4 marks are for your observations, your table your measurements and the accuracy then just time was enough.

And yes it was an Artery and a Vein.

Reaction score

any of you who did p31 mind pming me the details?

Thanks

Reaction score

@babuzar
hey but the only "observation" was the time change. thats all. all experiments were suppose to get green, so that was said throughout. oh and did you get any time in minutes, i didnt:-S....closes was 57s....wrong?

Reaction score

arhama said:
@babuzar
hey but the only "observation" was the time change. thats all. all experiments were suppose to get green, so that was said throughout. oh and did you get any time in minutes, i didnt:-S....closes was 57s....wrong?

Yes, like i said it was a pretty straight forward table. One column for Solution and one for Time taken in seconds. I made two extra columns but they weren't necessary as you were asked the volume of each solution in the last page.
My time for Sample was 45s, which was less than S3, so my concentration was 0.45% glucose.

Reaction score

Can anyone PM me the 31 details...Thanx in advance..:)

Reaction score

awesome. so far so good. ummm if you remember what was your time for s1, the one with lowest concentration right?

Reaction score

also what volume did u take of s1, s2 and s3 and sample and benedicts?
i wrote 2 ,2 and 5 respectively.
right:-S.........???

Reaction score

arhama said:
also what volume did u take of s1, s2 and s3 and sample and benedicts?
i wrote 2 ,2 and 5 respectively.
right:-S.........???
i took 2.00 Cm3 for all three. but yours will be correct as you can take equal volumes and 1cm3 sample and 5cm3 benedicts as well. Its different in different book i think. But both are correct.

Reaction score

it was a semi quantitative exp therefore benidicts sol got to b in excess'
can anyone tell me about how many marks were there for labeling the plan dia in p 33 q2 ?

Reaction score

arcane said:
it was a semi quantitative exp therefore benidicts sol got to b in excess'
can anyone tell me about how many marks were there for labeling the plan dia in p 33 q2 ?

The first part was for 5 marks, so was the second with the comparison. The total marks for q2 were 18. 3 marks for actual diameter and 5 marks for artery vein diagram.
btw, i took 2cm3 benedicts test. My time taken for sample was 45 seconds, and so concentration was 0.45% what was yours?

Reaction score

alright and for the plan diagram, i labelled tunica intima with crinkled endothelium(arteries only), tunica media, tunica externa for both arteries and veins BUT along with labels i also wrote the collagen fibres, smooth muscle, and elastic fibres present in tunice media of arteries:-$
will i get marks off for OVER EFFICIENCY:-$....i dont even know why i wrote that! i hope i wont get marks off..