• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology Paper 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
honeycoveredcookie said:
I did so badly in Chem As that I'm repeating it again this year. Haha.
Hoping for an A, but its almost impossible for me.
I screwed up As practicals this time. Paper 5 was fine, like Bio. Paper 2 I expect an A. Paper 4 next week i HAVE to kill. PLEASE give me tips. :eek:

Lol, LET'S START A THREAD FOR THAT! It's gonna be fun, I had a good time posting on that Biology P5 thread. DW, Chemistry is simple, just like physics. Well, I have math tomorrow so I may not be of assistance today but I'll be up on XPF all the time for Chem P4 (again, rhyme intended :D )

Reaction score
MukeshG93 said:
honeycoveredcookie said:
I screwed up As practicals this time. Paper 5 was fine, like Bio. Paper 2 I expect an A. Paper 4 next week i HAVE to kill. PLEASE give me tips. :eek:

Lol, LET'S START A THREAD FOR THAT! It's gonna be fun, I had a good time posting on that Biology P5 thread. DW, Chemistry is simple, just like physics. Well, I have math tomorrow so I may not be of assistance today but I'll be up on XPF all the time for Chem P4 (again, rhyme intended :D )

Okay. Do that. DO NOT FORGET.
Fun? Nuuuurd. xD

Reaction score
i wonder where nibz is hahahaha................he locks stuff after all the discussion takes place...........wht use is of locking this now?

Reaction score
I thought bio paper 52 was weird..especially the 1st question.It looked easy but is actually tricky,im disappointed after working my ass off and nothing relevant i studied came out :(

Reaction score
by the somone here said its practically impossible to get A* if they had an 80% in AS .... ur under a misconception... ur considering AS 40% + MAX of A2 50%(100%) for A*... its not like that... For A* u need an A in AS level and an independant 90% up in A2 level to qualify for an A*... so man... u gt 90% up in ur A2's u get an A*.. .so bro just chill ...

Reaction score
Ok after reading everyone's post I can say That the paper was AMAZING! :D
But the sad thing is that prolly the threshold might reach the skies!
I'm really looking forward to an easy p4 now... :)

Reaction score
i jusst go and take a nap n wen i come back there are like 40 50 new posts for me t read :S...
too lazy to read alll of them...but i think my paper went coolll!!!!

experiment needed alot of thinking but managed it well...used timing for the movement f block for particular distance for finding rate...
and found waterpotential estiamation using the graph where the rate of movement of droplet becumx 0....reliability and safety pointx bla bla...

q2 wax s easy...surely a T.Test..!!!!!

Reaction score
MukeshG93 said:
honeycoveredcookie said:

@mukesh
man i also have mathx paper tomorrow :S...
so less tym to prepare for it plus freaking trignometry frmulaex...
i wish it goex well!!!!!!!! :%) :%)

Reaction score
ima_shah2002 said:
by the somone here said its practically impossible to get A* if they had an 80% in AS .... ur under a misconception... ur considering AS 40% + MAX of A2 50%(100%) for A*... its not like that... For A* u need an A in AS level and an independant 90% up in A2 level to qualify for an A*... so man... u gt 90% up in ur A2's u get an A*.. .so bro just chill ...

Well, I sure hope so. :)

Reaction score
the ppr was f9....
@ mukesh even i wrote variables and control etc in qs#1...
i wrote almost everything mentioned in one of the post but obviously was not in the rite order.. :(
m i going to loose a lot of marks??? :cry:

Reaction score
did anyone give variant 51 of it????? it was horrible man!!!!!!! i wana discuss the answers!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
K i really need some piece of mind so i have gotta clear these doubts out :)
Please answer them guys :)
1) What was the independent and dependent variable ? (A)
2) What were the two variables to be controlled, i wrote temperature of each solution and size of the droplet.
3) what appeared under the microscope at each concetration ? :p
4) why were all the oocytes stoped at primary oocyte stage of division

ell yeah some of them are pretty straightforward but i've just gotta clear them out for sure now :)
Ho was it for all of you ?!

Reaction score
Newbie said:
I was such an a** .... I couldn't remember the word plasmolysed and wrote shrink and what not .... I just couldn't remember the word ... damn .. I hate my self :x :x :x :fool: :fool: :fool: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wonder if examiner will accept my word "shrink" and the diagram :Yahoo!:

even i cud not rememba da wrd plasmolysd even though i practised only p5 qs on cells structure.
dat was a nice paper but i made silly mistakes... around 12 marks already gone for me..... :cry:

since paper 2 2 was relatively easy, p4 gonna b somwat harddddd :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
pwincess94 said:
K i really need some piece of mind so i have gotta clear these doubts out :)
Please answer them guys :)
1) What was the independent and dependent variable ? (A)
2) What were the two variables to be controlled, i wrote temperature of each solution and size of the droplet.
3) what appeared under the microscope at each concetration ? :p
4) why were all the oocytes stoped at primary oocyte stage of division

ell yeah some of them are pretty straightforward but i've just gotta clear them out for sure now :)
Ho was it for all of you ?!

Independant was the concentration of sucrose solution, and the dependent variable was the rate of the movement of the droplet.

Microscope at high conc of sucrose was a plasmolysed cell, and a low conc of sucrose was a turgid cell.

There are answers on the previous pages of this thread too.

Reaction score
Oh alright.
Althought i wrote my dependent variable as the density of each droplet :/
Is that right ?
Cuz my calculations on how to find the water potential was based on that.
?

Reaction score
pwincess94 said:
Oh alright.
Althought i wrote my dependent variable as the density of each droplet :/
Is that right ?
Cuz my calculations on how to find the water potential was based on that.
?

You can't be certain. CIE is usually specific with independent and dependant variables :unknown:

Reaction score
qwertysaad said:
Newbie said:
I was such an a** .... I couldn't remember the word plasmolysed and wrote shrink and what not .... I just couldn't remember the word ... damn .. I hate my self :x :x :x :fool: :fool: :fool: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wonder if examiner will accept my word "shrink" and the diagram :Yahoo!:

even i cud not rememba da wrd plasmolysd even though i practised only p5 qs on cells structure.
dat was a nice paper but i made silly mistakes... around 12 marks already gone for me..... :cry:

since paper 2 2 was relatively easy, p4 gonna b somwat harddddd :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:

You can if you wrote "cell membrane shrinks away from the cell wall"

Status
Not open for further replies.