• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology Paper 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My paper sucked :( after lookin at the plannin answer i feel it sucked more..i wux almost going to cry whn i saw the paper..cox my teacher hasnt taught us the last chap yet he told hell do it next week..so i dint have ny idea bout q2 nd i dint noe how to attempt question1 :( those easy marks like low risk investigation stuff is the only thin i guess i got right..nd ofcourse the t-test.Btw i canceled out concentration of sucrose nd wrote water potential of cell sap instead T.T ima gonner :(

Reaction score
honeycoveredcookie said:
Hmm, it could be. I'm not sure.

What calculations are you talking about? :s
Oh i was talkin about what i wrote in my first question on how i would calculate the water potential.
U knw the other thing i found funny was that they asked us to quote our independent and dependent variables again from question 1 ? Haha so i was like, does tht mean wht i wrote for the first question does not count for any marks ? :p lol
Oh and I do not know if it's right but i wrote that i'd measure the volume of liquid displaced when water droplet is dropped in original solution and solution after cell sap is diffused in to solution.
Measure mass of each liquid. A complicated process. Get the density and then you coul measure the water potential.

The estimate question tho was to do with the graph right ?

Reaction score
NIXORCollege said:
pwincess94 said:
Oh alright.
Althought i wrote my dependent variable as the density of each droplet :/
Is that right ?
Cuz my calculations on how to find the water potential was based on that.
?

You can't be certain. CIE is usually specific with independent and dependant variables :unknown:
nixor? Hello neighbour..my centre is right next to urs haha

Reaction score
pwincess94 said:
honeycoveredcookie said:
Hmm, it could be. I'm not sure.

What calculations are you talking about? :s
Oh i was talkin about what i wrote in my first question on how i would calculate the water potential.
U knw the other thing i found funny was that they asked us to quote our independent and dependent variables again from question 1 ? Haha so i was like, does tht mean wht i wrote for the first question does not count for any marks ? :p lol
Oh and I do not know if it's right but i wrote that i'd measure the volume of liquid displaced when water droplet is dropped in original solution and solution after cell sap is diffused in to solution.
Measure mass of each liquid. A complicated process. Get the density and then you coul measure the water potential.

The estimate question tho was to do with the graph right ?

Yeah - there was an overlap of information from the planning and the next page. xD.
Whoa. Okay. That confused me. That's a bit far stretched, so i'm not sure whether you'd get that right.

The estimate question had to do with the graph, yeah. I got that wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.