• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was C2?!

Reaction score
Oh well :) out of 6 marks for this q i think i will get 2. also do you remember how many marks the differentiation question was? i lost marks there as well for finding x wrong :p but will still get method marks. the rest of the paper i got right

Reaction score
It took me only 35 odd minutes to complete the whole exam.......had all the time in the world to check my answers...I am 99% sure that I will (inshallah) get 75/75 in this exam......it was just too easy for me

Reaction score
Guys I think I missed out an easy mark in the trigonometry question.
I forgot to give 90 as an answer but that's the only mistake I think I made.
Provided that's the case, how many marks do you think I might lose and even if I get 74/75, would 100 UMS be possible?
I don't need consolation, I need honest opinion.

Reaction score
z3r0thunder -- For the volume of cylinder - I am just wondering what was the formula shown in the paper - was it 2πx² + 120/4π or 2πx² + 60/4π.
Volume of Cylinder = πr^2h
It was given as 60mm^3

πr^2h=60
h=60/(πr^2)

A = Total Surface Area = 2πr^2 + 2πrh
*r=x
A = 2πx^2 + 2πx(60/(πx^2)
A = 2πx^2 + 120/π <= This was shown

Reaction score
z3r0thunder -- For the volume of cylinder - I am just wondering what was the formula shown in the paper - was it 2πx² + 120/4π or 2πx² + 60/4π.

volume for cylinder >> πx² h = 60 mm^3
h = 60 /
π

so you substitute the the above equation for surface area of cylinder:

A = πx² + πx² + ( 2πx x h )
A = 2πx² + ( 2πx x 60 / πx² )
A = 2πx² + ( 2 X 60 / x ) << cancel out πx
A = 2πx² + 120 / x