• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEM P12 2012 ? WHAT ABOUT GT OF THIS PAPER?

Reaction score
Guys, for a good paper performance, Approximately How many past papers should be practiced?

Reaction score
Y
there is no A* in the indivudual component......but its for sure if we have A in p4 and p2 then A is sure
Yeah there is no A* in individual component!! but if u ave seen june n nov11 gts, u would know k A* ka threshold A n B ka difference nikal k , minimum mark reqiured for A may add kardia jata hay!!

Reaction score
About that MCQ where we had to tell about compund X. what were the options and the answer?
Compound X was reacted with some oxidizing agent and the only organic product didnot give a positive result with 2,4 dnph and didnot react with acid to form ester, and perhaps some other things.
one option was carboxylic acid.

Plz help my mind is stuck over this.

Reaction score
We can't discuss the contents of the paper until 24 hours have passed. But overall it wasn't that hard, though organic was a bit harder than previous years IMO. Still, GT should be something like 30-31. There's no way it will be over 33, even the easiest papers had a GT of about 32.

Reaction score
30 or 29 ...
probli nt mor den dtt ...
lot of trick qs ...
remember nt all studnts are A grade holder ...
but yeaa ... went guud none the less ...
expectin 26-25 ...
shld land me a B ...
wt do u thnk ??
ryt beside u lol same here :D

Reaction score
Sadly, I think it will be particularly high this time round.:(
Paper didn't go that well, was ok I guess...:(

Reaction score
About that MCQ where we had to tell about compund X. what were the options and the answer?
Compound X was reacted with some oxidizing agent and the only organic product didnot give a positive result with 2,4 dnph and didnot react with acid to form ester, and perhaps some other things.
one option was carboxylic acid.

Plz help my mind is stuck over this.
X was an alcohol as far as I remember!

Reaction score
Yeah it was an alcohol although I did carboxylic acid as well. It wasn't " and didnot react with acid to form ester" it was it doesnt react with ETHANOL to form ester. I got confused because I forgot all about tertiary alcohols :(

Reaction score
Yeah it was an alcohol although I did carboxylic acid as well. It wasn't " and didnot react with acid to form ester" it was it doesnt react with ETHANOL to form ester. I got confused because I forgot all about tertiary alcohols :(
Never mind.....Concentrate on rest of ur papers now:)

Reaction score
Well, I think it was an alcohol (tertiary). Tertiary alcohols aren't oxidised and they don't give a + result with 2,4-DNPH. And it also doesn't react with ethanol, an alcohol. So yeah, it was an alcohol. :)

Reaction score
Can't help discussing answers friends! :p What was the answer to that question: 2 moles of P dissociated to give Q and R. X moles of R were formed in equilibrium. The total number of moles present at quilibrium was...I forgot...Anyways, was the answer D: 2P --> Q + 2R ???