• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was chemistry 9701 42 may/june 2017 ?

Reaction score
How was chemistry paper 42 was it difficult or easy? how many question you felt were most difficult. what are the expected grades?:)

Reaction score
Wasn't good. Functional group tests were there and then so many structures.

Reaction score
Very messed up. Didnt go well at all. Left 10 marks on their own and not sure about the rest either.

Reaction score
10 marks on thr functional group part is gone for good.

Paper was quite lengthy.

Dang.

Reaction score
Probably the worst chem paper I've given, but taking the percentile into account, I'll probably be okay. Me and my friends were supposed to go for lunch after the exam, but they just felt so bad that we cancelled the whole thing.. It was lengthy, and each question involved a lot of thinking. I made a couple of silly mistakes like recalling the wrong conditions for adding ammonia to a halogenoalkane, got 1 isomer (X, possibly more ) wrong, forgot to add the dipoles in the Iodide reaction, didn't find the pH of the endpoint ( just made a sketch ), and in the practical one ( conductivity etc ), I forgot changing the concentration of the damn solutions... I'll probably have a couple others wrong as well, but I'm still hoping for an A*. :) June 2016 was 176 for A*, so this should be a bit lower because that was pretty cake compared to this.. How about you guys?

Reaction score
Probably the worst chem paper I've given, but taking the percentile into account, I'll probably be okay. Me and my friends were supposed to go for lunch after the exam, but they just felt so bad that we cancelled the whole thing.. It was lengthy, and each question involved a lot of thinking. I made a couple of silly mistakes like recalling the wrong conditions for adding ammonia to a halogenoalkane, got 1 isomer (X, possibly more ) wrong, forgot to add the dipoles in the Iodide reaction, didn't find the pH of the endpoint ( just made a sketch ), and in the practical one ( conductivity etc ), I forgot changing the concentration of the damn solutions... I'll probably have a couple others wrong as well, but I'm still hoping for an A*. :) June 2016 was 176 for A*, so this should be a bit lower because that was pretty cake compared to this.. How about you guys?
not allowed to discuss but.. I don't think you had to change concentrations... it lowered by itself. Idk though not sure.

Reaction score
Organic chemistry, especially isomers and structures were hell! And there were so many of them! It was very difficult compared to 2016 for example!