• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
can any one tell the method of preparation of copper chloride??
n the salt formed in flue gasses ques??

Reaction score
what was the concentration for Potassium Hydroxide?
And what is balanced equation for sulphuric acid and potassium hydroxide?

Reaction score
people u have got it wrong..!!
in the electrolysis ques of aq cuso4 the answer was oxygen always forms at anode..!! the sulfate statement was sulphate ions rush towards the anode...n its absolutely not correct..!!

Wrong, that is not necessary. They did not specify which electrodes we were using. If we would have been using copper electrodes, then nothing would have been formed at the anode, not even oxygen :) hence the answer is still A, copper always forms at the cathode.

Reaction score
can any one tell the method of preparation of copper chloride??
n the salt formed in flue gasses ques??

Copper(I) Chloride or Copper(II) Chloride? Copper(I) Chloride is an insoluble salt while Copper(II) Chloride is soluble so it depends.
And the salts formed could have been either Calcium Nitride or Calcium Nitrate. Both are correct.

Reaction score
The lamp MCQ's answer was liquid mercury, since the mercury never discharges at the electrodes it will cause the lamp to light up dimly. Its similar to a past paper MCQ, they just changed the approach.
In p2, titration question we had to take 30cm3 as the volume since that was the amount neutralizing the acid. I think the concentration was 0.083 as beeloooo said.
In the electrolysis of Copper(II) Sulfate the Cu2+ ions are ALWAYS attracted towards the negative electrode no matter what the conditions, since it is lower than hydrogen. Sulfate ions are never discharged.
In the MCQ relating to Aluminium Oxide's electrolysis, the answer was that Aluminium is always formed at the cathode and Carbon Dioxide/Monoxide is always formed at the anode since the oxygen that is deposited corrodes away the carbon electrode by reacting with it.
Silver Nitrate was the answer for the MCQ regarding how to differentiate between HCl and HNO3 since a white precipitate of Silver Chloride will be formed in that case.

I second each and every thing u wrote :D !!ditto lyk mines :)

Reaction score
people u have got it wrong..!!
in the electrolysis ques of aq cuso4 the answer was oxygen always forms at anode..!! the sulfate statement was sulphate ions rush towards the anode...n its absolutely not correct..!!

lol i love ur confidence :D the way u easily wrote the wrong answer as correct :p !!

Reaction score
Do one thing guys jus write on google about mercury in electrolysis !! u;ll be sure that it is a weak electrolyte :) !!!and option D is 100 % ryt :)
mercury is not an electrolyte bhai coz its a metal .. electrolytes are salt solutions

Reaction score
lol i love ur confidence :D the way u easily wrote the wrong answer as correct :p !!
Past Paper question. I think it was in the 99 paper and yeah i went for B. I walked outside the center and my friend told me that its A , he is a very good student , best amongst us and i was like what the heck. Then another of my friend called me and said that it was the oxygen one , I am still confused

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the answer to that MCQ in which they had asked as to why the following organic compound's melting/boiling point is higher than the previous organic compound's one? (cant remember the names)
Was it because more covalent bonds have to be broken or because the forces of attraction between the atoms increase?

Reaction score
Zaruri nahi hein,.,. what about the bases and alkalis
yeah them too but metals in molten form are not electrolytes coz its the property of electrolytes that they get chemically changed after electricity is passed through them .. jubke metals mai koi change hota he nahi

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the answer to that MCQ in which they had asked as to why the following organic compound's melting/boiling point is higher than the previous organic compound's one? (cant remember the names)
Was it because more covalent bonds have to be broken or because the forces of attraction between the atoms increase?

More covalent bonds have to be broken!

Reaction score
Yes you will, since that indicates the presence of acidic conditions which is correct.
hey for the methanoic acid one.........i wrote react in air.......with acidified potassium dichromate......is that good enough for 2 marks