• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P34?

Reaction score
fb5 was naoh
fb6 feso4
fb7 mixture of znNo3 and KI
fb8 was lead nitrate
fb9 was na2so4
cnfirmed frm a supervisor
man NaOH was correct for me !!
then I thought fb7 cudnt be zinc iodide cuz the name sounded too awkward
so I wrote lead iodide ! ALTHOUGH I HAD WRITTEN CORRECT AT FIRST :/
I just hate my instincts :? :/ :/
fb9 we only needed to find so4 or so3

Reaction score
I got the titre volume 22.5 but our teacher got 23 so how many marks would i lose?
BTW i got 22.5 thrice consecutively

Reaction score
man NaOH was correct for me !!
then I thought fb7 cudnt be zinc iodide cuz the name sounded too awkward
so I wrote lead iodide ! ALTHOUGH I HAD WRITTEN CORRECT AT FIRST :/
I just hate my instincts :? :/ :/
fb9 we only needed to find so4 or so3
man i cudnt even conclude name of one salt frm the tests we did..... so i carried out seperate tests for zinc, lead and iodide myself with naoh agno3 and ammonia but still got sulfate wrong :/

Reaction score
I got the titre volume 22.5 but our teacher got 23 so how many marks would i lose?
dont worry man i think a difference of +-2 is acceptable my supervisor reading was 21 i got 20.9 as rough(rough titration must be greater thn the final value) and i got 20.7 twice and 20.6 as the last one..... so ticked the 20.7 and used it in further calculations

Reaction score
dont worry man i think a difference of +-2 is acceptable my supervisor reading was 21 i got 20.9 as rough(rough titration must be greater thn the final value) and i got 20.7 twice and 20.6 as the last one..... so ticked the 20.7 and used it in further calculations
rough titration had to be greater? i never knew that .:eek:

Reaction score
cant say depends on how examiners mark ! but usually -1 for every .1 difference from your invigilator ! ok ?
there fore three mark from accuracy .. probably

Reaction score
not +- 2 its +- 0.2 :p

Reaction score
rough titration had to be greater? i never knew that .:eek:
neither did I but its kindof common sense ! you do rough to judge the amount needed ! so you just do hectically but when doing trials ! we do point by point therefore more accurate

Reaction score
in q1 we have to use T1 for all readings to find change in temperature or first find initial temperature

Reaction score
in q1 we have to use T1 for all readings to find change in temperature or first find initial temperature
well the question said to use t1 only ! but I kept on taking initial temperature ! cuz my room temp kept changing !

Reaction score

Relax.
They don't mark strictly on your values. Only on the steps you took to find the answers and how you performed the experiment (if you did it according to instructions or not).
Or else, we'd all get C's for getting different titre values.