• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY P42 MAY/JUNE 2017 (POLL)

How was Chemistry p42 may/june 2017

• HARD

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • NORMAL

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • EASY

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I don't know what CIE was thinking, but who thought it was a good idea to cram all the trick questions into one paper? Literally every single question required you to think 'out-of-the-box' and that's something you can't manage in just 2 hours if every question demands you to think . It was a completely unbalanced paper in my opinion, and it makes the 2016 papers look like a walk in the park. I literally scored 97/100 in the Oct/Nov 2016 P42 paper and had 30 min left during my practice, but now for this paper I'm debating whether I'll even get above 75.

Reaction score
I don't know what CIE was thinking, but who thought it was a good idea to cram all the trick questions into one paper? Literally every single question required you to think 'out-of-the-box' and that's something you can't manage in just 2 hours if every question demands you to think . It was a completely unbalanced paper in my opinion, and it makes the 2016 papers look like a walk in the park. I literally scored 97/100 in the Oct/Nov 2016 P42 paper and had 30 min left during my practice, but now for this paper I'm debating whether I'll even get above 75.

Exactly.. same situation over here. Man this is so unfair. I had tough AS papers last year as well. I really hope I get an A*, InshaAllah.

Reaction score
Guys wtf was this paper!
what the hell!
this was nowhere to be done in 2 hours!
Examiner needs to be stabbed with all those stab questions and that angelic acid was nowhere angelic! It was hell!
How the hell was I supposed to think about all that in 4 minutes for those 4 marks in that angelic question!
I left 7 marks because of shortage of time! and the rest I hope I did fine!
Were they really testing our chemistry? or testing our ability to think fastest in 2 hours' time?
Really! And all the students in my center were like 'it was easy' and I was like 'maybe all this Chemistry has made me crazy' but I really found it nowhere easy! Those who took it easy will get Us easy!
Gt is sure gonna be low..
I solved 2016 Nov 42 before the exam and it was hell easy and I was expecting something like that! but really!
All the hardest and trickiest questions assembled in one paper!

Reaction score
Guys wtf was this paper!
what the hell!
this was nowhere to be done in 2 hours!
Examiner needs to be stabbed with all those stab questions and that angelic acid was nowhere angelic! It was hell!
How the hell was I supposed to think about all that in 4 minutes for those 4 marks in that angelic question!
I left 7 marks because of shortage of time! and the rest I hope I did fine!
Were they really testing our chemistry? or testing our ability to think fastest in 2 hours' time?
Really! And all the students in my center were like 'it was easy' and I was like 'maybe all this Chemistry has made me crazy' but I really found it nowhere easy! Those who took it easy will get Us easy!
Gt is sure gonna be low..
I solved 2016 Nov 42 before the exam and it was hell easy and I was expecting something like that! but really!
All the hardest and trickiest questions assembled in one paper!
lol you summed it up perfectly :LOL::cry: we'll have to wait for a couple months to find out if the examiners were angelic :p :LOL:

Reaction score
lol you summed it up perfectly :LOL::cry: we'll have to wait for a couple months to find out if the examiners were angelic :p :LOL:
The 'angelic' examiner also found a way to test cis-trans and optical isomers in the same complex! How cool!

Reaction score
CIE be like...

Head examiner: OK ladies and gentlemen, how do we f*** up the candidates this time?
Examiner 1: Let's test the sh*t out of AS organic chemistry. Tests for halogenoalkanes anyone?
Head examiner: *chuckles* Let's see them b*tches remember that!
Examiner 1: Why don't we make a big ass table with AgNO3 / NaOH + HNO3 tests right in the beginning? That'll stop 'em from making the organic compounds since they don't remember the tests anyway! :D
Head examiner: You my buddy, ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!
Examiner 3: Isomers! ISOMERS PLEASE!! CAN WE HAVE ISOMERS DADDY ?? I LOVE ISOMERS!
Head examiner: Ok ok calm down man we'll get it done geez...
Examiner 2: I know! Let's f*** up the equilibrium constants!
Examiner 3: On that note, we should f*** up the maths! Anyone up to make a weird a*s algebra question?
Examiner 2: Let's throw in some AS inorganic too!
Examiner 4: How about we leave out analytical chemistry and electrochemistry? That'll be a slap to all them stupid ass guess papers!

Head examiner: I f***ing love my job. Can't wait to write that examiner report on this one!

Reaction score
hahaha your explanation yesterday was sooo useful (y):D
haha thanks
no use to me for all the research I did on that fac mer if I myself end up drawing those wrong... I made them in literally last two minutes, had no time to think so not even sure if they'll get credit! :cry:

Reaction score
CIE be like...

Head examiner: OK ladies and gentlemen, how do we f*** up the candidates this time?
Examiner 1: Let's test the sh*t out of AS organic chemistry. Tests for halogenoalkanes anyone?
Examiner 1: Why don't we make a big ass table with AgNO3 / NaOH + HNO3 tests right in the beginning? That'll stop 'em from making the organic compounds since they don't remember the tests anyway! :D
Examiner 3: Isomers! ISOMERS PLEASE!! CAN WE HAVE ISOMERS DADDY ?? I LOVE ISOMERS!
Examiner 3: On that note, we should f*** up the maths! Anyone up to make a weird a*s algebra question?
Examiner 4: How about we leave out analytical chemistry and electrochemistry? That'll be a slap to all them stupid ass guess papers!

Head examiner: I f***ing love my job. Can't wait to write that examiner report on this one!
HAAHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
OMG!
This was epic!:LOL:

Reaction score
CIE be like...

What if this actually happens. Lmao :LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
CIE be like...

Hahhaaha absolutely beautiful! If only the education system awarded A*s on wit and humor. :(