• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry paper 22

Reaction score
LOL @ SB29597 exactly

btw what equation did you use to explain weak base?? nh3+ h20-> nh4+ +oh-? this one.

also what was the ester answer at the end, what is the identity of R? ethanoic acid??

yeh...it was ethanoic acid.....
tho i got tht wrong...:/
and yeh......thts the equation u have to give....along with how it partially ionizes and disassociates in the aqueous form.....thus setting up a equilibrium which lies to the right....

Reaction score
What is the organic product when METHANOIC acid is heated under reflux with acidified potassium dichromate(vi) ?

Reaction score
WHAT WILL BE THE MOST LIKELY QUESTION FOR PAPER31 SUMMER 2013

Reaction score
what was the mark for no.4 a? The one with the box with organic reactions? :l and was there really a chiral center?

Reaction score
and does anyone remember the full no.4 question? after the box? even little bits? kinda forgot :s

Reaction score
Wait for 24 hours before discussing. :) There are still a few hours remaining, I'm sure you guys can wait that long...:p

Reaction score
there was no chiral carbon (at least i hope there wasnt cuz thats what i wrote)

after the box in no.4, they asked for the structural formula of the compound formed when the crotyl alcohol ( or something like that) reacted with PCl5, i think it was probably the OH replaced by Cl. after that, there was a skeletal formula for an aldehyde, calculating empirical formula which came C7H14O for me (not sure if this is correct)

Reaction score
there was no chiral carbon (at least i hope there wasnt cuz thats what i wrote)

after the box in no.4, they asked for the structural formula of the compound formed when the crotyl alcohol ( or something like that) reacted with PCl5, i think it was probably the OH replaced by Cl. after that, there was a skeletal formula for an aldehyde, calculating empirical formula which came C7H14O for me (not sure if this is correct)
yup. OH is replaced by a Cl. Don't remember my empirical formula.

Reaction score
yeah it was C7H14O for me. lost around 6 marks for silly mistakes! :l but does anyone remember the mark for no.4a box organic question?

Reaction score
can someone tell me what the mass of NaNO3 was? I got 2.30g at first but then I redid it and got 1.4ish grams