• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was M1 42

Reaction score
no you are absolutely wrong,you must have made a mistake I got 2 different values.And certainly weight component has to be taken into account!! then what is the use of including hill(inclined plain) in this question??
no brother you are mistaken
what was your answer??
inclined plain was used to calculate the change in potential energy...
plus they had already given the resistive force

Reaction score
i dont think you are right either cuz the requirement never demanded us to consider that component but if in case we do consider it then what was the frictional force given for?
It really it demanded us to calculate the weight component and it should be taken into account! then what is the use of inclined plain?it could have been a straight horizontal road instead of the hill in the case you are talking about.as far as frictional force is concerned,ain't there rough inclined plain??

Reaction score
what was your answer??
inclined plain was used to calculate the change in potential energy...
plus they had already given the resistive force
inclined plain was not only given for potential energy,we were given the height as well as length of the hill thus sineO can be calculated which was exact 750N(mgsineO)
Resistive force is totally different than weight horizontal component.Resistve force is to do with friction not the weight!

Reaction score
inclined plain was not only given for potential energy,we were given the height as well as length of the hill thus sineO can be calculated which was exact 750N(mgsineO)
Resistive force is totally different than weight horizontal component.Resistve force is to do with friction not the weight!
ok man.....may be u r right
what was ur coeffiecient of friction in q5 ?

Reaction score
If I forgot to consider the component of weight in Q6 in the first part, how many marks do you guys think I'll lose?​

Reaction score
Apparently to calculate the speed on top and bottom of the hill... To find the gain in EK?
i really have no idea stop wondering now and what happened has happened and it is over u can't do anything about it. now concentrate on whatever u have to do!

Reaction score
no you are absolutely wrong,you must have made a mistake I got 2 different values.And certainly weight component has to be taken into account!! then what is the use of including hill(inclined plain) in this question??
no brother you are mistaken
yup thts right u have to take as mhalvi said and u can see the past paper for those q

Reaction score
w
yep i did it this way but most people did mistake like they did the last time...
well i dont get it hows this possible like u mean when we were calculating f=ma for driving force we only had to subract 1000N resistance from driving force n equal it to ma?we dont have to subract the x component of weight? n then when we get df then simply power=force x velocity to get velocit?

Reaction score
man simple as that. use the formula f=ma to calculate force. subtract it with 1000 N and the substitute the values in p=fv to calculate velocities at bottom and top. use them to calculate gain in kinetic energy. Hows that?

Reaction score
And unfortunately most of us are repeaters. We can hardly prove each others wrong with our fragmented concepts. so be it that we wait for the result. lolz

Reaction score
And unfortunately most of us are repeaters. We can hardly prove each others wrong with our fragmented concepts. so be it that we wait for the result. lolz
well iam not repearing i completed my maths in 3 months n have given as paper and as far as my little experience works its impossble to ignore x component of weight cs it was a slope the rest is with the mark scheme